Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Last winter was just the worst. This year's winter has not been very kind, though. Because November brought so much snow, it seems that this winter is creeping by. Hang in there, friends. Spring training starts in Florida soon, and under all of the snow and ice, our bulbs are getting their marching orders for March.

Back in the old days when we heated the house with wood we harvested from various sources, State and Natl. forests close by home..trees friends donated, a couple oaks from the yard .( Had to provide more sunlight for gardening.) How well I remember that wood heats twice.A t least twice. I miss it in a way , and really miss being able to do it. Now the fireplace is fed with natural gas, turns off and on with the touch of a switch, and has a room thermostat to regulate the temperature. All with no ashes and little heat up the chimney. I set the house thermostat at 65 daytime and the livingroom where we spend most of the time can be a toasty 73 when the fireplace is on.

Any MI peeps get Organic feed from Azure Standard? I'm trying to find someone to order with... Or even someone who can tell me where to get a big bag of organic starter feed...
If you just want organic Family Farm and Home has good feed but it is a little pricey at $27 for 50lbs. Personally I recommend Scratch and Peck Starter online for $18 for 25lbs (Its worth every penny). You can also get countryside organics (All soy free) online $30 for 50lbs. I have never found a better starter than Scratch and Peck though. Once they get older I can recommend someone in Portland MI where I get my organic, soy free (Maybe Corn Free as Well) feed for only $23 for 50lbs.

If you just want organic Family Farm and Home has good feed but it is a little pricey at $27 for 50lbs. Personally I recommend Scratch and Peck Starter online for $18 for 25lbs (Its worth every penny). You can also get countryside organics (All soy free) online $30 for 50lbs. I have never found a better starter than Scratch and Peck though. Once they get older I can recommend someone in Portland MI where I get my organic, soy free (Maybe Corn Free as Well) feed for only $23 for 50lbs.

Does this including shipping?
I'm fairly certain is does not, shipping was an additional $17 everywhere I checked,this is the brand I'm ordering through Azure Standard.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain is does not, shipping was an additional $17 everywhere I checked,this is the brand I'm ordering through Azure Standard.

I'm getting 40 lbs scratch n peck for $36.60 with very minimal shipping fee. 40 lbs of their scratch feed for $23 and change. Through Azure Standard

Last edited:
Last winter was just the worst. This year's winter has not been very kind, though. Because November brought so much snow, it seems that this winter is creeping by. Hang in there, friends. Spring training starts in Florida soon, and under all of the snow and ice, our bulbs are getting their marching orders for March.

sounds good to me
clap.gif

any of you that work for or with Veterinarians  I made some soup out of boiled soup bones,,,,,,,can I give the bones (beef) to my dog?

No cooked bones to dogs or cats, only raw. Dogs and cats were made to eat raw. Research it. BARF diet, Raw and Natural Nutrition for dogs, B Naturals, DVM Karen Becker... Look it all up. :) no cooked bones ever.

Cooked bones(chicken bones for sure but I think it applies to all bones) are brittle and can form very sharp shards...bad for pups......

Back
Top Bottom