Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Avoid Garden City for sure. I would leave in a heartbeat of I could. Bad government and bad school system.

Looks like I have a broody. I'm thinking of getting some fertile eggs for her. But then again with this medical stuff going on maybe I shouldn't.

Tomorrow is the heart cath procedure. I have to get up early just to be put to sleep.

Take care of yourself!!!

Purebred (can be registered ADGA) NG doeling twins. Photos were 24 and 36 hour old respectively. 5 days old now and kicking up their heels and zooming around.
Awe they are so cute
1f410.png

Howdy,

From Central Mi near Lansing. I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now and decided to make a post. I'm starting my first flock and have 9 chicks; 6 are 4 weeks, 3 are about 2.-3 weeks. I purchased my first 6 from TSC, 3 straight run RIR and 3 black australorp pullets. After a couple weeks my girlfriend found out about easter eggers and wanted some, so I picked up 3 easter egger chicks.

I'm pretty sure one of my RIR is a rooster, he's smaller in body, less developed in feathers, but has a very obvious comb and wattle, both of which are starting to turn red. I actually want a rooster, so I'm fine with that. He's also the nicest of the bunch so far.

I've noticed a lot of talk about maple syrup which has me thinking about whether I have trees I can tap or not. If I posted a couple pics could one of you confirm whether I have maples or not? I just bought the house in November so I haven't even had a chance to see the trees bloomed. I'm located on 1.3 acres, which is surrounded by another 40 of farm land. We're zoned agricultural here which is kinda nice.

Anyway, that's about it from me for now. Since I've finally registered I'll probably join in the conversation.

Right now we are renting in Livonia but my husband isn't willing to go farther west than Ann Arbor. It seems like most of the more rural areas are up North :(
Hahaha I've driven through Garden City. I def. think that would be low on our places to buy a house ;). My husband so far is really interested in Novi and Northville but both of those seem to be lacking in horse properties.

You might want to look around the Belleville area. there's some decent acreages for sale around there, and some of them with horse barns on them already.

I don't think our older dog is doing all that well tonight, he keeps kinda hacking like he wants to throw up tonight. Starting to wonder if its about his time. Miss Belle would be so sad to loose her grandpa.

Howdy,

From Central Mi near Lansing. I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now and decided to make a post. I'm starting my first flock and have 9 chicks; 6 are 4 weeks, 3 are about 2.-3 weeks. I purchased my first 6 from TSC, 3 straight run RIR and 3 black australorp pullets. After a couple weeks my girlfriend found out about easter eggers and wanted some, so I picked up 3 easter egger chicks.

I'm pretty sure one of my RIR is a rooster, he's smaller in body, less developed in feathers, but has a very obvious comb and wattle, both of which are starting to turn red. I actually want a rooster, so I'm fine with that. He's also the nicest of the bunch so far.

I've noticed a lot of talk about maple syrup which has me thinking about whether I have trees I can tap or not. If I posted a couple pics could one of you confirm whether I have maples or not? I just bought the house in November so I haven't even had a chance to see the trees bloomed. I'm located on 1.3 acres, which is surrounded by another 40 of farm land. We're zoned agricultural here which is kinda nice.

Anyway, that's about it from me for now. Since I've finally registered I'll probably join in the conversation.

Hi &
welcome-byc.gif
. Congrats on the new place!

Hello eveWe raised chickens in Arizona but we just moved to Michigan a month ago. We are only renting right now and we intend to buy a house in a year when our lease is up. Are any of you located in the metro Detroit area? I just see suburban area everywhere and I'm worried I won't be able to find a house with enough land for raising animals. My husband works in Dearborn so we need to stay fairly close to there (no farther than Ann Arbor). We also have children so the schools need to be good as well. Any helpful tips???
You should check out Dexter it has a small town feel but has good schools, close to Ann Arbor, with rural farm land and open spaces but, easy commute. I live out in the country but, I love that I can get to the highways and shopping in 10 minutes but, there are lots of days were I don't leave the farm and there is no highway noise.

Crossword puzzles are finished, first pot of coffee drunk, traps checked, water heating for Granny's tea So this day is off to a good start. Today my thoughts will be on Raz and his medical procedure. Hopefully the outcome won't be as dire as he fears.

Back
Top Bottom