Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

just ordered some Mareks vaccine as I have a broody on eggs and another who is very determined, (trying to change her mind) my NH loves being a momma, sticks with her chicks FOR EVER, at least till they are as big as she is.

any how as I was going through their site, I saw a couple of wormers I wonder if any one has tried.

1. Rooster Booster triple action multi-wormer, says it can be used on laying hens, no egg discard

2. wormguard plus, claim to be broad spectrum no egg toss

3. Zyfend A all natural use once every 3 weeks
Just had a conversation about this one in the Broody Hen thread......
.....it has an antibiotic in it, but the wormer ingredient can be procured separately.
It is on label for poultry with no egg withdrawal.

Last edited:
Really hoping it's not the same color as my buffs since they lay the lightest of all my birds!

Lost a few hens to winter this year (as well as the roo in my avatar). Of course it was my olive egger, one of my ameraucanas, and my blue-laying EE. Now my egg basket is brown and boring.

Or one of my best friends from high school who was killed after striking a tree - bike slipped on loose gravel that had spilled on a curve. I guess it depends on risk tolerance and your responsibilities to others such as dependents. It especially makes me sad to see bikers without helmets - what a totally irresponsible thing to do.
I am on the fence about helmets, I see so many closed head injuries that they don't recover from, makes you wonder...*thought trails off as to not offend anyone*

Had a motorcycle in my twenties, had alot of fun on that thing.... and a few close calls.

Thought about getting another one in my late thirties,
took a little ride on a friends and almost got nailed twice by blind idiots that just didn't see the motorcycle in less than 20 minutes,
decided my risk tolerance was low and forgot about it.
Adding my 2 cents to aart's answer.
Maybe this will help dissuade you too. I was involved in a fatality as a teen driver with a biker who had no business being on the road anymore. I still tense up whenever one rides close by. People do NOT pay enough attention anymore to their own vehicles let alone one as small as a motorcycle.

Really hoping it's not the same color as my buffs since they lay the lightest of all my birds!

Lost a few hens to winter this year (as well as the roo in my avatar). Of course it was my olive egger, one of my ameraucanas, and my blue-laying EE. Now my egg basket is brown and boring.
always the way. mine is boring too. 4 different shades of brown. LOL

prolly couple hundred a month...never really figured it out really.....going to check into that...i shall get back to you on how much i spend on feed...lets just say its not getting cheaper as the days go on...the feed store now buys custom orders on what i want and need...for example i needed game bird breeder formulated for the breeding season and they got a bunch of bags for me....such great peeps there...amish...thanks henry at country feed....couldnt ask for more....everything i need they get it....and within a week...great service for sure...most of the feed pays for itself by all the eggs and such...so really havnt put that much into the feed...we have a feed jar and people donate to it all the time...thanks for all my egg peeps they are great and most of them take 10 plus dozen eggs at a time...see yah guys later....should be getting the birdman shirts tomorrow...
Wow, you sell all different kinds of eggs. people must come just to the birds

Snowflake, what is the active ingredient in those dewormers?

the Zyfend A, is all natural, yucca schidigera fennel, anis, aspergilus,& essential oils of lemon,grapefruit,fennel, and anis,,the rooster booster sounds like aart said has an antibiotic plus, natural ingredients, the worm guard plus is a powder, diatomaceous earth, whole fennel,whole flaxseed,grape seed extract & 4 strains of lactic acid bacteria.

Hi all! Been away for a few months, but I have a quick question.....

For anyone that got the welsummers from townline/tractor supply last year....how is the egg color? We got ours in mid-April last year and I don't know if they've started laying yet. We got basically no eggs all winter, and the girls are finally picking back up the past couple of weeks, but the coop the 2 welsummers are in I am getting cream colored eggs, and what i would consider a normal light brown egg. i'm not expecting great color because they are hatchery stock, but I was expecting something along the lines of the color an amberlink lays at least?
Mine are not dark at all...sometimes with flecking, kinda medium.

The speckled one is Welsummers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom