Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Was able to get a load of already composted 'Forest Floor' today to put in my run.
Buddy of mine had power company dump many many loads of ground tree trimmings a couple years ago,
we loaded up a couple yards of the stuff in my new trailer. Got about half of it unloaded and put into runs.

Good stuff!....but man am I beat.

Last edited:
What is the pool for? If you have ducks in the run it will not dry out well at all.
You know, I made a mental note to mention the pool, and completely forgot. The pool isn't for water, it has a hole in it. I use that for food when they are not able to be let out of the run.

Hernia operations stuck!!!
tongue.png
tongue.png

I have a two month old organically fed Italian Quail male that needs a new home (not food). I would love to find someone who has Coturnix or King (blue breasted) quail chicks for trade.

Well the rain today doesn't help the mucky run situation. I did change bedding in the coop yesterday though. The ladies have taken it upon themselves to scratch in the bedding and kick a load of it out into the run, jerks, lol.

It's ok, I have more I can add in. They're happy to have a clean coop.

My compost pile was fed heavily this week w / garden scraps (old plants, tomato vines, etc) and the bedding from the coop. I turned some of the stuff on the bottom up onto the new stuff, and was very pleased to find worms doing their duty. Hopefully by next spring that stuff will be ready to rock.

Back
Top Bottom