Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Nice birds Folly, I love the chanteclers, lost my white one to a predator this summer, as well as a couple young chicks she was one of my best layers too, wil be moving all my bird to one coop this week, and removing the extra roos,.

LOVING this weather, enjoy the week

I really like them! I would like more depth of chest on Junior, but he is improving as he grows. My nicest cockerel this year had a rose comb, not cushion, so he moved to another flock. The single cock is the photo is one year old, 8.75 lbs, named 'Solo'. Mary

Belly is all itchy from where they shaved me last monday. Next week can't get here soon enough.

The Buffies hanging out with Barbie, who's one of our borders here on the farm. She'll be up on Mackinac Island next summer working there. And yes I am already lobbying for them to match her up with a Ken. She seems to be pretty bomb proof. I'm just waiting for one of the girls to get brave enough to hop on top of her.

A friend of mine on facebook tagged me in a post today for free sample packages of Grubblies. She said ducks and chickens like them a lot.

I looked into what they are:

"[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.701961)]Grubblies are dried black soldier fly larvae grown and processed right here in the USA. Raised off a diet of pre-consumer food waste, we assure a high quality, eco-friendly product that your chickens will love to eat. "[/COLOR]

Here's the link if anyone is interested

Hello Everyone! It has been probably a couple years since I've been on here and I'm looking for some help. I got home from work early this afternoon and noticed my Road Island Red was in the coop kind of slouched over and her feathers were all fluffed up. I didn't think nothing of it but she is still there hours later. I did pick her up and take her out once this afternoon and massaged her belly and butt and she let me do it which is highly unusual. No runny nose, her eyes and everything else look fine except for what I explained above. She was out free ranging yesterday. Does anyone have and advice, suggestions or thoughts on what could be wrong with her?

Thanks in advance.

Just pretend that you are moutling.
lau.gif

Hello Everyone! It has been probably a couple years since I've been on here and I'm looking for some help. I got home from work early this afternoon and noticed my Road Island Red was in the coop kind of slouched over and her feathers were all fluffed up. I didn't think nothing of it but she is still there hours later. I did pick her up and take her out once this afternoon and massaged her belly and butt and she let me do it which is highly unusual. No runny nose, her eyes and everything else look fine except for what I explained above. She was out free ranging yesterday. Does anyone have and advice, suggestions or thoughts on what could be wrong with her?

Thanks in advance.
sorry I can't help, how old is she? so hard to tell with chickens, does sound like she is not well, sorry,

Back
Top Bottom