Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

0.jpg

41 years ago.

Crate her with a white paper towel underneath the crate to monitor her fecal matter. I would give her just water initially (overnight).

Spend 15 - 20 minutes next to her while she's in her cage and monitor reaction to being isolated.

Listen to her breathing.

Watch her balance when she walks.

Watch her consumption rate.

Was she recently broody? Did to stop it?

Is she molting? Are her feathers thinning?

Has she been exposed to any over the counter poisons (yard work)?

We made the decision to cull her a couple days ago. She was over 4 and not eating or drinking. Thanks

I now have some Cemanis. I bought a bit too many at a show. And I also can't keep roosters, and one is a cockerel. After I get a closer look I can post a price... They won't be very much though, im not looking to make a profit. I'm in Oakland County, local pickup only please. I may be able to arrange to meet halfway.
I will post some pictures later since they are in a box.

The Chicken Nipples froze last night.....
wink.png

Going to have switch over to the heated waterer soon as there was ice in my nipple water bucket this morning. Just sat a dog bowl of water in the coop for them before I took off for the GVSU at Wayne State game today with the girlfriend. The Warriors, or for you old timers, the Tartars made it a little too interesting, but the Lakers fought back and won today to improve their record to 11-0 with the playoffs coming up next week. GVSU should be getting a bye next. And by monday my 10 pound lifting limit should be able to be lifted, so that would be when I can probably switch out the waterers.

I had an exciting day today. Met up with some friends, so I left the house before my 1 laying girl usually lays her egg(10:00 am) came home around 3:00, and went out to clean the coop and change the water and what did I find? TWO EGGS! AND ONE WAS GREEN/BLUE!

Makes today my first two egg, blue egg day. :)

The Chicken Nipples froze last night.....
wink.png

Going to have switch over to the heated waterer soon as there was ice in my nipple water bucket this morning. Just sat a dog bowl of water in the coop for them before I took off for the GVSU at Wayne State game today with the girlfriend. The Warriors, or for you old timers, the Tartars made it a little too interesting, but the Lakers fought back and won today to improve their record to 11-0 with the playoffs coming up next week. GVSU should be getting a bye next. And by monday my 10 pound lifting limit should be able to be lifted, so that would be when I can probably switch out the waterers.
You drove right past me and didn't stop in? Did you at least wave?
They still have me on a weight limit, 25 lbs. Feed comes in 40 or 50 pound bags. Trip to TSC today and returned with 6 bags. That should PO the doctor.
lau.gif

I had an exciting day today. Met up with some friends, so I left the house before my 1 laying girl usually lays her egg(10:00 am) came home around 3:00, and went out to clean the coop and change the water and what did I find? TWO EGGS! AND ONE WAS GREEN/BLUE!

The first egg is always a big deal. Even if you have had chickens for years.

Sweet!!!

First eggs are always exciting...especially the green/blue ones, 'cause ya never know if you're going to get green/blue or brown.

Here is the ayam cemani cockerel I need to get rid of. I can't keep roosters and luckily he hasn't started crowing yet. I can post photos of a cemeni hen if anyone is interested in pairs. He is about four months old. If you want more photos just ask. He seems friendly, I have him in my lap right now and he is sitting nicely.
I need this rooster gone, I can give you a discounted price if you just want him.
$50 for the pair obo, I'm reasonable

Here is the ayam cemani cockerel I need to get rid of. I can't keep roosters and luckily he hasn't started crowing yet. I can post photos of a cemeni hen if anyone is interested in pairs. He is about four months old. If you want more photos just ask. He seems friendly, I have him in my lap right now and he is sitting nicely.
I need this rooster gone, I can give you a discounted price if you just want him.
$50 for the pair obo, I'm reasonable

awww man! i would take him except i can't have roosters either!

Back
Top Bottom