Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

PO called at 9 this morning, and I have 17 chicks banded and in the brooder! :love No losses in transit. I'm digging through the meyer chick ID tool now to try to figure out what i got for my assortment. The BLRWs were easy to pick out, and it looks like only 1 splash! As far as the assortment goes (10 chicks), looks like 3 Dominiques, and 2 of something that might be golden campines? 4 that are black, and one that's light yellow. One "blue orpington".....looks black to me, but maybe it'll be dark blue when it feathers in. I need to make a check-sheet for what is in the assorment, what comes with a leg-band, and comb type. I was really hoping for a marans or an olive egger, but I have nothing with feathered legs, and i'm pretty sure they band their OEs for shipment.

Last edited:
What's your plan for the chicks that hatch?
I drive between Perry and Novi often; is that close enough?
Mary

Thank you for your reply! However, Perry is a bit farther than I had wanted to go. I was able to find some on craigslist, so I am all set.

The chicks will be offered first to families of my students, as I work in an area where there is still a lot of active agriculture. If there are any left, they can come live on our farm. We have plenty of room!

I forgot to share yesterday. But the cement guys were out yesterday to get the garage ready to pour cement. You probably can't tell from the pictures but the foundation is dead-on level.
It was a long time coming but progress has been made. They will pour the concrete on Monday. I'm so excited and happy.

IMG_3794.JPG
IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG
IMG_3797.JPG
IMG_3798.JPG
IMG_3799.JPG
IMG_3800.JPG

I forgot to share yesterday. But the cement guys were out yesterday to get the garage ready to pour cement. You probably can't tell from the pictures but the foundation is dead-on level.
It was a long time coming but progress has been made. They will pour the concrete on Monday. I'm so excited and happy.

View attachment 1357211 View attachment 1357212 View attachment 1357214 View attachment 1357216 View attachment 1357219 View attachment 1357220 View attachment 1357223
SWEET!!! So exciting!

Back
Top Bottom