Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Just dropping in to wave to all my old Michigan peeps!!
I am in Alabama now, with more chickens than I can count and a huge huge huge garden with more weeds than I can deal with. I have enjoyed squash and cucumbers and peppers and collards from the garden so far this year- delicious, makes weeding worth it.
I hope you are all doing well!

Hello to Mom in Alabama!
I just planted the veggie garden yesterday and today, and you have edibles already! :oops:

Yes but the trade off is its blazing hot here. We usually get plants started in February, but it rained rained rained rained.
Its turned me in to a wimp though. I melt here, and when I come back to Michigan I freeze to death. :confused:

@aart and anyone else who commented on my sick chicken's status! I thought I'd give an update since you all were so helpful. I ended up taking her to the vet on Thursday and she thought it was a bacterial infection or a parasite. She sent me home with sulfa/trim antibiotics and sent out her fecal sample. On Friday, she confirmed it was a type of worm (tapeworm, I believe) and gave me panacur to add to the drinking water for the whole flock. My sweet chicken was doing much better even a day after antibiotics and is taking her syringe medicine like a champ! I wonder if the heat wave just made everything worse and much more noticeable. Any other tips other than keeping things extra clean while giving the panacur? Hope you're all enjoying the cooler weekend! I know I am!

Last edited:
There!
Coop Bedding all changed out!
1590961856524.png

5-6 feed bags full.
Perfect temp do get that chores off the list.
Kinda over due.

I don't think it even hit 60 today. But the sunny day was wonderful. Spent the morning getting my old car detailed by a professional. She looks so good now. Afternoon spent on the garden, farting with the truck, and setting fence posts. They aren't exactly "set" yet...I just got the holes drilled for the posts. I'll finish them tomorrow after my heart tests are over.

Finished planting our veggie garden today, our first in too many years! May it grow and prosper!!!
It's beautiful outside, after all the rain, and much more to do in the neglected shrub borders. Really neglected, complete with poison ivy...
All the chicks are doing great, including the littles just at the coop last week. Fun!
@Brennigan , I'm glad she's better!
Mary

Grrrr.... Been a stressful weekend here. Have had an issue with our sinks backing up before, but now since saturday morning they've been slow to drain and water has backed up into our dishwasher as well. And now even when somebody else above us is using their sink, the water backs up into our sinks and can leak out the dishwasher. Been trying to limit the sink to just minor quick stuff, hand washing, and eating out to cut down on the number of dishes we've got stacked up on the counter. At least the Maintenance guy did text us back to let us know that he's out of town for the weekend, but should be here first thing in the morning tomorrow to address the issue. Never did hear back from the landlord here. Thinking more and more about trying to actually move out of this place. Would be easier if everything could just go back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom