Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Beautiful day today in SE Michigan. Finally some relief for the chickies. And me! The garden is growing! I've got 2 zucchini! One more and I can make zucchini bread. I'm excited about that. I'll have to get them before the chickens do.

Pretty hot out there in the sun, but the cool breeze sure helps.
Felt good to get out and move a bit, got some mowing done.
Mostly mowed down weeds as the grass crisped out weeks ago, except for the crabgrass, but man those weeds were tall.
Supposed to be one more day of cooler, hope to get some more 'mowing' done tomorrow.
But we have some flowers that carry on despite the neglect and conditions.

Dry(day) Lillies and Wet Lillies.

1594589408991.png

1594589468335.png

I spent the day yesterday priming my soon to be born grandson. Today, I'll get the room painted. My daughter in law is due August 21. But, due to her high blood pressure issues, Oskar will be born within the next three weeks. Monitoring Cortney closely. If her pressure spikes too much, she'll be induced. But, drs will not wait longer than 3 weeks. It was hard finding baby clothes for her virtual baby shower. The stores have nothing!! Now, we're hunting for preemie clothes. Family is pitching in to get things ready for Oskar. Son is making a beautiful room in basement for his older daughter. Just about done. My hubby was helping him lay the floor yesterday. Today, Oskar's room will be worked on. House is a total construction zone. Rush, rush!!
Well, off to do my chicken chores and off to paint.
Enjoy the day and stay safe!!

I spent the day yesterday priming my soon to be born grandson. Today, I'll get the room painted. My daughter in law is due August 21. But, due to her high blood pressure issues, Oskar will be born within the next three weeks. Monitoring Cortney closely. If her pressure spikes too much, she'll be induced. But, drs will not wait longer than 3 weeks. It was hard finding baby clothes for her virtual baby shower. The stores have nothing!! Now, we're hunting for preemie clothes. Family is pitching in to get things ready for Oskar. Son is making a beautiful room in basement for his older daughter. Just about done. My hubby was helping him lay the floor yesterday. Today, Oskar's room will be worked on. House is a total construction zone. Rush, rush!!
Well, off to do my chicken chores and off to paint.
Enjoy the day and stay safe!!
Good luck with your daughter in law and soon to be grandson! Both my grand kids were preemies. My daughter had preeclampsia both times. Used to buy preemie clothes at carters. Check on line. They used to have a store at Tanger outlets in Howell. Haven't been there lately so don't know if they are open now. Also check with Kohls. I did their curbside pick up, it went great.

Yep, the New Haven TSC is the one that would be the next closest store. A few of the reviews on Uncle Luke's mention chicken feed/supplies so I thought I'd check. We have family near there so it would be an easy quick stop on the way. I'll try calling.

Happy Birthday, Randy!
We had 1.8+ inches of rain in the rain gauge, so needed! The boys are really practicing their crowing, it's funny.
Hope to post some ads with pictures this weekend, and maybe move some on soon. Too many birds!
Mary
Thanks for the b-day wishes. Never thought I'd make it this long. On my third lifetime now. I must have been a cat in one of my previous life times. 😁

Friday I'll be in Bay City for pre-op tests. Perhaps I could swing by afterwards and take a roo off your hands. Always have room for a few more pullets too. Let me know before soon if that woulds work for you.

Back
Top Bottom