Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yes. I got them the weekend before my surgery so it's been about a month. They have just recently been being stupid. They had been roosting in the coop rafters until the other night. They are around 16 - 18 weeks old now.
SOunds like integration issues, yes even after a month.

Any time I can fire up the tractor for chores (real or made-up) is a bonus to my day. :cool:
Tractor Time!!

SOunds like integration issues, yes even after a month.
Tractor Time!!
I agree. These 4 buckeyes have stood apart since day 1. They are flighty and high-strung. They might have had a "wake-up" call last night. Today they have been pretty good at staying close to the Chanties (similar age & size). That's even with the extra chaos that I've been causing while doing chores, They even hovered when I threw out treats for the other birds.

I've said it many times...I love watching the flock dynamics and social orders that chickens develop. Better than cable TV.

I can't believe how much this scar has been reduced since Wednesday when the doc said I could start treating it with vitamin E. I should probably treat the keloid on my neck where they had a line put in the carotid artery. I wonder if Blu-Kote would help... :lau
I reckon you should try the Blu-Kote and see what happens. Let us know how it works!

No Blu-Kote!
Sounds like it's all doing fine. Maluka honey? Silvadene? Tincture of time...
The couple of Buckeyes we have from last year are very nice birds, which is why I ordered more this spring. So far this year's do seem flighty, maybe compare to the very steady Chanties.
Mary

No Blu-Kote!
Sounds like it's all doing fine. Maluka honey? Silvadene? Tincture of time...
The couple of Buckeyes we have from last year are very nice birds, which is why I ordered more this spring. So far this year's do seem flighty, maybe compare to the very steady Chanties.
Mary
Yeah, I won't be Blue-Koting myself.
The Chanties are dream birds. So calm and laid back. Nothing seems to phase them. The Buckeyes haven't even decided to work out their own social status. They don't seem to be 16 weeks or so. They seem like 6 week old chicks.

Found our bit of Paradise too! :)

Snowflake, I'm also in Belding, sort of. I'm about half way between Belding and Lowell. Belding mailing address, and Lowell telephone number, back when we had a landline.

I'm doing my rain dance... Might put laundry on the line to tempt Mother Nature. Rain, please rain... :fl
Hi Sally, we are just off 44 and Lincoln lake, probably about 10 min from you :) Welcome

Back
Top Bottom