Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We just love them so much. It's so hard to let go. It's hard to see them suffer. But, if she's not crying and whimpering, maybe she's not suffering.. Just old and tired.

It is indeed.
I let one dog go on too long, she was miserable even with pain meds.
Almost one year ago I decided I would not let Rascal get that bad.
Often the best decision for them is the hardest for us.
So true. The last dog I had to put down, the vet and I both sat on the floor with her and cried. Love does have a cost, but I gladly pay it for their sake

Hate to say it, but I will........Might be time, RaZ. :(
It is always a difficult decision. I made it a few weeks ago with the devil dog so I'm a bit extra sensitive about it right now.
She is doing better today but it's still iffy.
Given my current situation, I can't get vet assistance for an easy out. I would have to do the deed myself by other means. I'm not sure that I can do that.

It is always a difficult decision. I made it a few weeks ago with the devil dog so I'm a bit extra sensitive about it right now.
She is doing better today but it's still iffy.
Given my current situation, I can't get vet assistance for an easy out. I would have to do the deed myself by other means. I'm not sure that I can do that.
I can't imagine how you feel :hugs dealing with that and now another.
I had to call 4-5 vets to get one to come out and euthanize Rascal.
Didn't have a regular vet, long story.
Got lot of crap from them, finally found one that came out and did the deed for $80.

I can't imagine how you feel :hugs dealing with that and now another.
I had to call 4-5 vets to get one to come out and euthanize Rascal.
Didn't have a regular vet, long story.
Got lot of crap from them, finally found one that came out and did the deed for $80.
I tend to keep my feelings to myself. Sometimes they do leak out.
The local vet is very expensive, caters to the tourist trade. Unfortunately, my pay-check isn't enough to cover the office visit, let alone any treatment. I suppose I can blame it all on the COVID.

I couldn't get Bella to take the pills that were recommended. So I got some pediatric liquid acetaminophen. I'm hoping that will help. She does seem more relaxed tonight. Her left hind leg is still non-functional though. I'll dose her again tonight.

I hope she feels better Randy.

As far as treats go, Nothing works better than bread. Nothing. My chickens have a special sound that they make when they see bread, kind of a loud bgAAAAK!!! Which they say at absolutely no other time.

Back
Top Bottom