Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

The "get things done" bug bit my husband. He was very productive today. I lent a hand, but he didn't need much help.

Very pretty today. Supposed to have 3 more, and up to 60 on Tuesday. Goodbye snow. See ya in about 8 months, ok?

Compost still frozen. I can stab the pitchfork in about 1 inch. I have never wanted to turn a compost pile as much as I do these days. Soon, soon.
My "X" is unbearable. He helps but it has to be his way. He came over today to help but things are not like I want them. I just wonder why does he asks what is it that I need done if he is going to do it his way and not my way. 🤔

I just need him to build things
Can you learn how to build the things yourself? ... then you don't need him. I don't mean that to sound snarky in any way.

I want to learn how to do some of the simple building stuff. Hubby loooves to build things, and likes to build things for me, and that is wonderful. (Yes, I am very lucky. I know that.) But I'd like to be able to do some on my own.

Anything you learn to do for/by yourself makes you more independent.

Can you learn how to build the things yourself? ... then you don't need him. I don't mean that to sound snarky in any way.

I want to learn how to do some of the simple building stuff. Hubby loooves to build things, and likes to build things for me, and that is wonderful. (Yes, I am very lucky. I know that.) But I'd like to be able to do some on my own.

Anything you learn to do for/by yourself makes you more independent.
What does snarky means? I have the ideas but being disable, I have some limitations. Needless to say math is not my strong fort. Always had problems with measuring and using a measuring tape.
I can always give it a try to the best that I can.

What does snarky means? I have the ideas but being disable, I have some limitations. Needless to say math is not my strong fort. Always had problems with measuring and using a measuring tape.
I can always give it a try to the best that I can.
Never mind, just googled it. Not at all, you are being truthful on my understanding of the sentence. Now that I am snarky , yes, I guess I am, lol Just kidding. I can be sarcastic at times but it has to be with someone that had pulled my leg many, many times.(like the X).

I'm really big on independence. My mom said that when I was a toddler, I'd say, "Do it sef, do it sef!" because I wanted to dress myself. Then I'd get both legs through the same hole of my underwear and fall on my butt. :lau

I've had coworkers who were a real pain to work with. I didn't have much of a spine in my younger days either. When I grew my own spine and stood up and spoke up for myself, my life got a lot better.

I'm sure you are a very strong person in many ways. One thing I learned is to surround myself with people who complement my strengths/weaknesses with theirs, have a positive attitude, and who I genuinely like to be around. Collect people like that in your life. They are gems. Together with them, you can do so much more than you thought possible.

Being able to build your own stuff is very liberating. I'm also bad at math, seems that I have dyslexia with numbers - not so much with words. But I just try to always use a calculator, draw out a picture of what I'm going to do including dimensions, and use the old Quilting and Carpentry adage - Measure twice, cut once. One of my coops is the simplest thing in the world, uses 6 sheets of plywood and not unreasonable other supplies to make a 4x8 coop with a steep roof. My big coop was more complicated, but still turned out very well, although I did find help to raise the walls and put the roof on.

I think buying a garden shed that needs minimal alterations is a brilliant idea, and there are many available now. I would raise it off the ground - can be as simple as putting down a frame of treated wood covered with plywood on a raised, level gravel pad. That helps eliminate issues like moisture and varmints.

I'm really big on independence. My mom said that when I was a toddler, I'd say, "Do it sef, do it sef!" because I wanted to dress myself. Then I'd get both legs through the same hole of my underwear and fall on my butt. :lau

I've had coworkers who were a real pain to work with. I didn't have much of a spine in my younger days either. When I grew my own spine and stood up and spoke up for myself, my life got a lot better.

I'm sure you are a very strong person in many ways. One thing I learned is to surround myself with people who complement my strengths/weaknesses with theirs, have a positive attitude, and who I genuinely like to be around. Collect people like that in your life. They are gems. Together with them, you can do so much more than you thought possible.
Sally, finding good people is very rare and with this pandemic on top does nobody any good.
My kids did the same when they wanted to dress themselves. Hilariously funny! I remember, though, that I packed a bag with clothes telling my mom I was leaving and all she said was ok. I made it 3 blocks and got back through the back porch because it was getting dark outside. :barnie

That is the reason he is my X. He is always negative and does nothing to improve himself and began treating me like crap and I held for as long as I could(6yrs) but enough is enough. No matter what I do for him, he just asks for more and don't even appreciate anything. He barely speaks English and leans on me for everything. I gave up. Good Lord knows that I tried but I think I enabled him to be that way. He needs to practice his English. We are both from the same country and we have to have English all of school life and beyond. There is no excuse. And it is not that I have not had the spine, trust me. I have been trying to forgive as much as 70 times 7 and more, follow the laws of marriage according to the Bible, praying and long suffering. However, I can only do so much. I am very old for all of that and other stuff. There is never a conversation but a complaining about his work and not having money. Never about us and how to make it work but rather sitting in the same place each doing their own thing. oh, well. God knows why I gave up or weak.

Back
Top Bottom