Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I haven't chatted much in the last few days. Here's why.
Putting shoe leather to the test. No wonder I'm so tired.
Since I picked up extra work in the garden centre I've really been adding the steps. Too bad the fitness tracker doesn't count the heavy lifting I'm doing.

I have today off to get some chores done but I slept until 1:00 pm. Over 12 hours of sleep last night. Damn! Must have needed it. Chickens were stuck in the coop all that time. Poor birds.

BTW I was supposed to be off tomorrow too but the manager called me to come in tomorrow. A couple guys called in and it a 2 truck day. Guaranteed a full 8 hours and perhaps more. Stupid me said "yes". Maybe I'll break 200,000 steps this week.

Attachments

• 88.png
    88.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
I went to visit my "daughter" today. She's had her first chemo treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma; second one is next Monday. She still has her hair, and she has such a positive attitude, it's amazing. She goes every other week until mid September. At which time, she will have been given the maximum lifetime (!) dose of one of the meds in her chemo cocktail.

Sadly, the pay rate is still so low that I am living well below the federal poverty level. Welcome to retirement. :he
You are too funny! But it is hard for many to live pay check to pay check. Salaries and hourly rates do not go up but resources do, like housing, food, gas and everything else. We have not yet felt the impact of the Suez Canal tragedy. We are depending too much on exports. It is ridiculous.
Even homesteaders are having a hard time. They still have to lean on some resources that are inevitable to depend on. Now with the China saying that we need to stay put, we made them for buying all their gadgets and not they want to tell us how things go. You never know what will happen after you hand feed an animal. Just blahbering!

How you come out ok, RaZ.

Changed out the rest of the coop bedding today, did half of it when I set up the chick area.
Always dread it but it always goes pretty quick.
Course I haven't dumped the old bedding yet, still in feed bags.
Birds don't like it, because ya know it looks different, and I didn't save some older bedding to camouflage the new, but it's amazing what some shaking and spreading of BOSS will do to overcome 'chicken fear'.

Saw more proof positive that the tubing on the opening bottoms of my feeder are not holding up to a bird or two that are dead set on billing that feed out onto the floor.
SMH.
Bigger diameter tubing is the next step.

I'm getting lots of visitors here at the homestead. A medium size raccoon comes by every night to clean up the birdseed, peanut butter, and peanuts that the day birds don't eat. There is a small flock of wild turkey that stop by twice a day. A young jake and 4 hens come by to clean up any spilled bird seed from the feeders. Oranges and grape jelly are disappearing daily. I hope it is the orioles getting it but I haven't seen any yet. Then there are the turkey vultures...Must be about 50 or so that roost in the tall trees behind my house. I've been hearing the spring peepers and chorus frogs calling for mates. And I've been hearing the phoebes calls for the past several days. I usually get a nest on one of my flood light fixtures. Ya gotta love spring here in Michigan. :thumbsup

I also took a shower with a nice, big wolf spider in the tub. I took it outside afterwards.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom