Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hit the panic button this afternoon! cackle chicks were shipped Wednesday, and aren't here yet! MIGHT arrive in Owosso today, maybe, but then again, maybe not. Tomorrow, those chicks will likely be dead and dying, :mad: :he:mad:
They have traveled from St. Louis, to Kansas City, to Detroit, then Lansing, on their way to either Owosso, maybe today, or Perry or Owosso tomorrow. Or Monday?!
Rant over for now. Blood pressure must be up...
Mary
Oh, No Mary, you must be terrified. I am so sorry my love.

ok, lovelies!

What a day. Took vehicle to mechanic at 820am and they dropped me back. Changed clothes and since it was not that cold, I hit the back to work. Uncovered the coop and began taking out screws and floor panels. Then began to lift up the floor frame to have enough room to wrap hardware cloth. Did I mentioned that it is so hard to work with? Anyways. With level on every corner began to lift up. But ruined about 4 drill bits on the job. So, went to the garage and grabbed me some nails and a good old hammer. That did the work just fine. SO if I have to take anything back out, I am in trouble. Check level more than 4 times and finally was able to put the hardware cloth. Not all around because I have no more gloves. That crazy stuff ruined 2 pairs. Will get X to take me to the hardware store to get a few more.
Marked with pieces of left over wood where I am projecting the run. SO, I am beat up and my back is killing me. I burned a few calories in the process and had nothing to eat until X came over with BK. Then spent over an hour trying to fix a problem but I will really going to get at them on Monday. I am too tired tonight. Here are some pictures so you see that I was really working. Over an hour cutting an excess of floor and do not ask me why. All was squared. :idunno

workingtable.jpg blockassistant.jpg liftedenough.jpg old fashion cutting.jpg goodoldnails.jpg skirtout.jpg projectedrun1.jpg projectedrun2.jpg projectedrun3.jpg projectedrun4.jpg projectedrun5.jpg projectedrun6.jpg projectedrun7.jpg

Good work on your coop project; it always takes more time, money, and effort than it seems at first. Today I got nothing done, maybe better tomorrow.
Some idiot hens are laying eggs on top of the hay stack in the barn . Miserable! The guys who stacked it last summer didn't know what they were doing, so it's not safe to climb. Maybe those chickens know it? Anyway, DS can reach them where it's all too tall for me.
Besides, I fell backwards off a bale ONCE years ago, wasn't injured, but plenty scared, and won't risk it again.
Flowers! Blooming serviceberries, daffodils, looks great.
Mary

You and I. No cannot do big spiders or any size snakes. I will not even touch the dried worms for the chicks. I use a little measuring spoon.
I was like that for many years. If I saw a spider I would scream like a little girl and run the opposite direction. A former GF helped get me over that. She had horses and the barn always had spiders in the stalls. We spent a lot of time in the barn and I couldn't look like a wimp in her eyes. So I learned to tolerate those 8-legged critters.

One time there was a garter snake in the stall and the horse was freaking out. The only solution was to remove the offending reptile. That task fell to me. Scared as I was, I grabbed that little snake and took it out of the barn. A learned fear of snakes that I had harboured for years suddenly disappeared. It was my ignorance that helped foster my fear of snakes. Something that had been passed on to me by my upbringing. Fears of my mother proved to be unfounded. She was deathly afraid of spiders and snakes and that was how I grew up. I had to unlearn that behaviour. I think that all of us can learn to undo some of the conditioned behaviour that we were taught when we were young.

I was like that for many years. If I saw a spider I would scream like a little girl and run the opposite direction. A former GF helped get me over that. She had horses and the barn always had spiders in the stalls. We spent a lot of time in the barn and I couldn't look like a wimp in her eyes. So I learned to tolerate those 8-legged critters.

One time there was a garter snake in the stall and the horse was freaking out. The only solution was to remove the offending reptile. That task fell to me. Scared as I was, I grabbed that little snake and took it out of the barn. A learned fear of snakes that I had harboured for years suddenly disappeared. It was my ignorance that helped foster my fear of snakes. Something that had been passed on to me by my upbringing. Fears of my mother proved to be unfounded. She was deathly afraid of spiders and snakes and that was how I grew up. I had to unlearn that behaviour. I think that all of us can learn to undo some of the conditioned behaviour that we were taught when we were young.
Raz, good pep talk but I will stay away of those critters, lol

Back
Top Bottom