Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Well, my most precious Michiganders!!

I am tired but I took about a 40 min nap. But once the sun was not scorching, I went back out there. Made the first wall towards the back of the coop and then the front one. Did a small square for a future door for the girls and in the front a bigger gap for the entrance door. Will have to figure out later about the window. Then as I began the third wall frame on the west, I was done with the 2X4. So have to get more 2x4 an hour away from here. Only if the X would help and let me carry that wood on his SUV would be great.
Anyways, here are some pictures and will go to shower and eat something. Love ya!

Firstbackwall.jpg secondfrontwall.jpg Thitdeastwall.jpg

Well, my most precious Michiganders!!

I am tired but I took about a 40 min nap. But once the sun was not scorching, I went back out there. Made the first wall towards the back of the coop and then the front one. Did a small square for a future door for the girls and in the front a bigger gap for the entrance door. Will have to figure out later about the window. Then as I began the third wall frame on the west, I was done with the 2X4. So have to get more 2x4 an hour away from here. Only if the X would help and let me carry that wood on his SUV would be great.
Anyways, here are some pictures and will go to shower and eat something. Love ya!

View attachment 2622278View attachment 2622281View attachment 2622287
Looking good Dreamz. You should be proud of yourself. I hope you can get some help to get the roof on. Working up on ladders can be tricky. That's how I broke my foot a year ago.

Just one. Sort of. It's complicated. :he
Hens, I have 16 chickens and 3 ducks. Two roosters and 1 drake..
Haha!! Life is complicated isn’t it?! I guess I did present the question in an odd way. Sorry about that:)

I would love to have a group of people that I could offload my eggs to when I’m not eating them. Even if it would simply pay for feed...that would be a win.

How far below the roost?

How wide?
24" wide with roost centered and 8" above board works for me.
full

Here's some posts about it, they're kind of old, but changes are noted.
...and the threads these posts are in has a ton of examples of poop boards.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...s-poop-pictures.621363/page-111#post-13179595
Updates:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...s-poop-pictures.621363/page-178#post-18966048

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/...ch-x-9-inch-mesh-drawer-organizer-silver.html

I want to build a poop board before we go on vacation. I've looked a bit online, but would like people's opinions on a couple of dimensions.

How far below the roost?

How wide?

@Dreamzchaser, looking good on the coop build!
Good morning @Sally PB! Here are my poop boards. They are 24” deep and are positioned 10” above the board. I used 2x4s as roosts with the corners cut down on the diagonal. I use sweet pdz in the tray to make clean up a breeze!!
Good luck.

Attachments

• 89131C45-633C-482A-9677-AF86A4B933A2.jpeg
    89131C45-633C-482A-9677-AF86A4B933A2.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 0990922C-A71E-437D-AD33-9421B5282EEB.jpeg
    0990922C-A71E-437D-AD33-9421B5282EEB.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 5
Looking good Dreamz. You should be proud of yourself. I hope you can get some help to get the roof on. Working up on ladders can be tricky. That's how I broke my foot a year ago.
Sorry to hear that and no, I do not want to go through that again. On rental, I fell down the stairs to the basement and broke my left ankle. Now I have 2 plates and 13 screws. Took me over a year to walk the best.

Back
Top Bottom