Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yes, buffs are the most numerous, and most hatcheries have them. Really big English types are harder to find, and they come in several colors. Look at feathersite, and if there's a breed club, for more photos.
Since last weekend, no more deaths in that cackle chick order. And massive confusion over their second shipment! Now supposedly some French Marans replacements will be shipped this Wednesday, with a heat pack. Prayers needed!!!
Mary

Yes, buffs are the most numerous, and most hatcheries have them. Really big English types are harder to find, and they come in several colors. Look at feathersite, and if there's a breed club, for more photos.
Ah okay. I'm getting some from a breeder and just know I'm getting orps but wasn't sure what kind lol.

I remember getting some from tsc awhile ago

[Now she doesn't want her food. Before, no excessive thirst, now, it's drink-drink-drink. She was a bit lethargic before -- she's 11 -- now she doesn't want to do much at all. I would have chalked it up to the vaccines she got, but now I'm a bit worried.

Those are 3 symptoms of Addison's. There is treatment available, thank goodness. We'll do whatever we need to, as she's our baby.
We call that "binge drinking", and it's usually our first sign that our mini dachshund has a UTI. That, and her urine will smell like bad chicken soup, and she will pee a lot more than normal. So, it could be as simple as bringing in a urine sample.
I'm not sure about lethargy and not eating (we joke she sleeps 22 hours a day and naps 2), but having a UTI isn't fun.

Are buffs the more common ones?
Yes they are. Sometimes referred to as the golden retriever of chickens. They are my second favourite chicken. First is the lavender orp. I've had a couple over the years and eventually like to have all lavenders as my flock.
Not that I dislike my current barnyard mixed flock.

Hi everyone! I know I have been MIA. Spent all day May 4th traveling to Ann Arbor and back. I was connected and picked up these 2 new ladies Tia and Tamara. I do not know what they are but they are really beautiful.
Tia-Tamaranight1.jpg

I'm getting some home repairs and improvements thanks to the county programme. I guess each county has this for people over 60 and low income. There is a 3-man crew working in the crawl space. A lace that I haven't been in since I moved in.

Attachments

• Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom