Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hey guys, so bad about that chick that got ran over or attacked by a rooster. My heart is press for this. It is very hard to see and know it could happen. The new girls I got are smaller compared to the old ladies and now I am scared.

On another note, I need to ask a question about the roof on my coop. Maybe Sally can answer while Aart takes care of the injured chick.
I have the tarp and the reason is not up is because the panels of the roof are very damp and afraid it will mold if I cover it like that instead of letting it dry well. Should I just put it up or wait is my question. Front door is up and just needs a handle and a latch and the aesthetic part. Thank you so much for all the help. Love ya all!

~Hugs~n~Kisses~

I have the tarp and the reason is not up is because the panels of the roof are very damp and afraid it will mold if I cover it like that instead of letting it dry well.
Probably better to let it dry now....rains over for now, right?
Or cover it when rain is due, and uncover during dry spells.

Probably better to let it dry now....rains over for now, right?
Or cover it when rain is due, and uncover during dry spells.
Yeah, @aart is right. Unless it's supposed to rain, I'd leave it uncovered. Once it's dry, then just leave the tarp on until you're ready to put shingles or metal or whatever on it.

I got a really heavy duty tarp at TSC (the black/silver one) that has stood up to a winter of snow on the top of my run. It was the most expensive grade, but is still in great shape. You won't need one that heavy to keep rain off, but I'm just throwing that out for if you need to buy a tarp and want to know if the heavy duty ones are worth it. I'd say yes.

Back
Top Bottom