Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Do not forget Mother's day!
Our replacement Cackle chicks arrived this morning! All six French Marans, with heat pack, in two days! They look great, wonderful. The USPS tracking said they arrived in Perry shortly after 5am, and the post office did not call me this time, sadly. glad I was tracking the shipment!!! I got there at about 8am, still no phone call, but they are looking good.
Mary
PS: I really need to proof read my typing...

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Was originally thinking getting a friend for Bo (my bunny) but then again after letting her out last night to run around she was acting like a crack head. Running at 100mph in circles around the room, jumping and hopping off of the walls, fighting her stuffed animals, and began to eat my shoe 😂

She is 8 weeks old so I think I'm just gonna keep just her for now. I was working and she jumped up on my computer and next thing I read is my screen saying VVVVVVVVVBBVBBBBBBVVVVV from her standing on the keyboard 🤦‍♀️❤️

While I understand what the guy in the video is saying, once a rooster becomes aggressive you can never trust them again. They are showing a facet of their behavior which in integral to them, and no amount of training will resolve it. You might be able to make them afraid of you, but they will always be a risk to both you and anyone else that may be around your birds. There are lots of nice roos out there, and there is no need to keep a bad-tempered or unreliable bird, for either flock protection or for breeding.

While I understand what the guy in the video is saying, once a rooster becomes aggressive you can never trust them again. They are showing a facet of their behavior which in integral to them, and no amount of training will resolve it. You might be able to make them afraid of you, but they will always be a risk to both you and anyone else that may be around your birds. There are lots of nice roos out there, and there is no need to keep a bad-tempered or unreliable bird, for either flock protection or for breeding.
True that!
I had a nice lavender orp roo a few seasons ago. I also had a neighbor who would tease and aggravate that rooster. This neighbor wouldn't stop tormenting the roo no matter what I said. Usually the roo went after the neighbor but the first time he came after me, he won a trip to freezer camp. Root cause was the behaviour of the a-hole neighbor.

I am no longer friends with this person. The final straw was when I caught him swiping stuff from my garage. The story he tells in town was that I trained the rooster to attack him. :mad: :gig

Thank goodness I have great neighbors! I've read a bunch of horror stories about bad neighbors recently. I guess I'm lucky.

Strike that. I know I'm lucky.
Great neighbors are wonderful. I've had several. I've also had one or two that were less than desirable. That's why I like living where I am now. No neighbors to speak of. Most of the houses near by are owned by city people who are only here on weekends and/or the summer months. Only a few houses are year-round residents. They tend to stay to themselves That is both good and bad. Good, that they mind their own business. Bad, that there is no (or little) neighborhood support if I need help. If you haven't lived here for 20 or more years, you are still considered as a "down state outsider".

The couple who bought the property that is next to mine are really nice. But the wife is worried that they don't "fit in". The husband is like me. He doesn't care what other people think. We get along famously.

Back
Top Bottom