Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Those cracks do not look major to me. Good job so far on the coop.

Throw all the youngsters in together, with some boxes, sawhorses and other obstacles and hiding spots. They will work it out, like kids always do.
Well, DX thinks we can put cement blocks in the middle as high as the top and if any small room left, he can put a 2x4.
The 2x4 that was going to be the perch is very warped so have to find a better one. It is not finished but I think he wanted me to have it at least habitable for the chick on MDay. I wait a few days more. I have to paint inside some more. He wants me to be sfa going inside. I love you all so much for all the help and understanding.

Good Morning everyone! To the mothers here, Happy Mother's Day! To the Fathers, Happy day as well. Having children is a blessing that it is never a done work for many.
Anyways, thank you so much for all of the information. I am happy that I have you all. I will check on it and maybe I do move them in today. Have a blessed day!

Those cracks are nothing more than the timber drying out. It looks like a pressure treated 4x4 that probably had those cracks before it went into the pressure chamber. I don't think that the integrity of the wood is compromised.

Those are just splits in the lumber from drying. It is still bearing the load.
PT lumber usually arrives that the lumber yard soaking wet with the treatment. Cracks are normal when it dries. Don't worry about it.
Ditto Dos^^^

I'd be more concerned about the screws used to attach post and braces to joists.
Looks like a drywall screw?
1620568393933.png

Back
Top Bottom