Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My 2 neighbors across the road are overgroomers too
Same here, I call them the 'scalpers'.
Not as bad as the other neighbor who was using a leaf blower to try and get the snow plowed gravel out of the lawn and back onto the road shoulder one spring...SMH.
After one full day of incessant noise, the second day I complained and she stopped.

DH is mowing right now. The grass is surprisingly dry, for on a cool morning.

I see some thatch raking in my near future. :thumbsup

We're going to what will pass for the Michigan Irish Music Festival in Muskegon today. It was cancelled last year, of course. They cancelled it for this year too, since a lot of the groups who come are from "across the pond." So this last minute (set up in June, I think) one day affair is much appreciated. We'll just stay for a few hours, as Freya will be shut in the kitchen while we're gone.

Tomorrow we'll visit the Fallasburg Fall Festival. We have it lucky with that: we can take "the back way in" and not be part of the 1-2 mile crawl of cars going into the parking lot. It's about 10 miles from our house. 15 minute drive, 3 minute walk from where we park. Then the reverse to get out. Easy peasy!

I don't miss being a lawn slave. Even though I have some patches of grass, I don't have anything that I'm willing to mow. Anywhere a lawn could possibly be I have over seeded with wildflowers and native plants. It's slowly going back to a natural state. I'm very pleased with my "big blue stem" prairie grass. It is as high as the garage roof and nice and thick. I'm hoping that the pheasants find it next spring. I'm trying to restore the cleared land along the power lines with a natural prairie corridor. I have a pretty good start.

Hello! I'm located in Oakland County (Rochester Hills) and have a couple sweet boys that I need to find homes for. They are Bantams and hatched in May '21. They are both Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (one has the "splash" coloring). Very sweet and actually still a bit timid, but they will come up to you if you have treats. They are beautiful little guys. If anyone has any suggestions to help find these young roosters a home, I'd greatly appreciate it! I already have them on Craigslist. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Sunny.jpg
    Sunny.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • charlie.jpg
    charlie.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1
  • SunAndChar.jpg
    SunAndChar.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi, Everyone! Sorry I was MIA. Went to Indiana to see grandkids on Thursday afternoon. However, noticed that one of my little seabrights stayed for the night inthe nest. Little did I know that she went broody. Friday, I focused the camera and listened and she was hissing to everyone that came around. Decided to come home yesterday and sure enough. She was sitting in a ceramic egg. SHe tried the fluffing on me but I showed no fera and got her out to get some food and water. Cleaned the nests and blocked them last night. This morning I opened them and she sat for a bit but went back out. I will close them this afternoon after all have laid so she has no choice but to roos for sleep. She is only 26 wks old. I would have expect that from teh 30 weeks one maybe but not that tiny pigeon,lol
Have to go outside. The hub decided to make the holes for the fence and stumpped on an irrigation line, I hope. Tomorrow will have to try to find teh lawn guy that worked here before to see what can be done and how it runs. Hope he knows or remembers. Catch up with you all later.

Shoot. I missed out on some freshly felled trees at the township dump. They cut the trees down today. My buddy's brother let me know but I was 1/2 hour late in gathering the wood. Rats.

On the other hand I really don't feel up to much in the physical effort department today. Gathering eggs even seems too demanding today. :old If I had TV I'd be watching football all day and drinking beer. ;)

Instead I'm going to kick-start my butt and tackle some chores. Anyone have any extra motivation to spare?

Back
Top Bottom