Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

IMG_E1611.JPG

I got this metal piece at Fallasburg Fall Festival today. They had a beautiful weekend for the Festival this year. It's hanging in the coop now.

I saw a woman whose work we used to print the photo lab I worked at. We chatted for about 10 minutes, and I bought a piece of hers that I had always liked. I also saw a painter whose work we have (well, a print, not a painting). I chatted with her and heard the story of the painting, which was really cool.

Shoot. I missed out on some freshly felled trees at the township dump. They cut the trees down today. My buddy's brother let me know but I was 1/2 hour late in gathering the wood. Rats.

On the other hand I really don't feel up to much in the physical effort department today. Gathering eggs even seems too demanding today. :old If I had TV I'd be watching football all day and drinking beer. ;)

Instead I'm going to kick-start my butt and tackle some chores. Anyone have any extra motivation to spare?
don't we wish. I use the excuse it is to hot outside,:)

I don't miss being a lawn slave. Even though I have some patches of grass, I don't have anything that I'm willing to mow. Anywhere a lawn could possibly be I have over seeded with wildflowers and native plants. It's slowly going back to a natural state. I'm very pleased with my "big blue stem" prairie grass. It is as high as the garage roof and nice and thick. I'm hoping that the pheasants find it next spring. I'm trying to restore the cleared land along the power lines with a natural prairie corridor. I have a pretty good start.
Do you have trouble with black locust seeding? My property is so raw and untouched that I have black locust seeding EVERYWHERE. THE GUYS ARE SUPPOSE TO COME AND DROP SOME CRUSHED CONCRETE TO reinforce the driveway. And start to regrade the property so I can used the tractor to mow it. Anyone’s guess when they will show up.
Luckily I got the snow thrower attachment for “Jane” my JD….my plow service sent a letter that bc of the shortage of employees, they are not plowing this year.
Good lord I hope this all comes to an end soon and people get back to work. For their sakes. I’m okay pushing my snow but fell for people who can’t do it themselves and don’t have help.

Hi Everyone!
I am back for the day. The fence project is on hold until the irrigation system gets solved. In the meantime it is not much water that is leaking but still need to address it as soon as possible.
Tamera, I think she forgot she was broody. I took her out this morning and opened the nests but she went in and maybe she got kicked out by Phoebe (leghorn). SHe has been eating and foraging in the run especially after I raked all of their mess back into a corner. There is barely any grass in that area,lol
I just came from putting them in their roost and they were happy. I think they missed me those few nights. If they did not, I did missed them.

Randy, there will never be extra motivation to do things. They either get done or we pushed to get it done or we ask for help or just forget about it,lol But I know it is winter around the corner and you alone with your health not up to the maximum, it does takes a whole new set of "cojones" No intention to disrespect anyone.
The last part of the run is covered but I did it lousy with 3x2's that I had but I did have the 2x4's delivered on Thrusday morning, so I need to get the inspiration to get them changed. I also got some polycarbonate corrugated roofing to see if I can do more roofing before snow comes down from the skies. However, I did put an automatic T50 coop door and I am not happy with it. DOes anyone has one? I can make it open later but I cannot make it close earlier. It is closing at default at 830pm and my girls go to bed by 740 to 8pm and I do not like the idea of everything being dark outside and they are roosting and the door is still open. I need to either figure it out or return it.
Hope you all had a good weekend. Be safe and from the deep of my heart, I desire anyone who is sick to be healed.
Love you all!

~Hugs~and~Kisses~

Last night I counted 41, not 42 birds, and was tired and didn't recount. tonight, 41 again, and one of the EE hens, molting big time, has decided to sit on an empty nest in the barn. Bless her! I went to the barn and brought her back to the coop, and plan to get serious about getting her in every night!
Tomorrow a new farrier comes, who's well recommended by a friend of ours. So the afternoon had to finally rip out nasty weeds along the fence in the paddock. miserable! So the four girls moved from one of the pastures to the paddock, with hay, so things will go smoothly tomorrow. I hope!
One of our mares had a very bad injury years ago, and has to have a tranq. to be good for the farrier. never fun, we'll see how he does with her tomorrow.
Chickens are easy!!!
Mary

Good morning everyone. Hope it's a great start off to your week. I didn't have a so much relaxing weekend so hoping the week is better 🙏

And Raz I hope your foot is starting to feel better!

Do you have trouble with black locust seeding? My property is so raw and untouched that I have black locust seeding EVERYWHERE. THE GUYS ARE SUPPOSE TO COME AND DROP SOME CRUSHED CONCRETE TO reinforce the driveway. And start to regrade the property so I can used the tractor to mow it. Anyone’s guess when they will show up.
Luckily I got the snow thrower attachment for “Jane” my JD….my plow service sent a letter that bc of the shortage of employees, they are not plowing this year.
Good lord I hope this all comes to an end soon and people get back to work. For their sakes. I’m okay pushing my snow but fell for people who can’t do it themselves and don’t have help.
No problem with black locust here. I'm on a heavily wooded parcel of land. There is a lot of old growth forest. The only clear area is where the power lines run through. That is the area that I'm trying to restore to tall prairie grasses.

I need to have my driveway graveled but it's not going to happen this year. It's a never ending series of big dollar chores. At least I have the tractor and UTV to push that white stuff away. Hopefully a few neighbors will ask for service this year. Nada for last year.

Back
Top Bottom