Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I'm glad to hear that Randy is doing better, he's had a really hard time this year. And that someone is taking care of his critters, so important!
Yesterday we had a real treat; about thirty Sandhill Cranes in our south field! Beautiful! They are gathering for the fall migration, and spent time working over that field. We often see two or three at a time, but never this!
I took pictures, but far away with my phone, the camera is recently dead. Can't blow them up well enough to see.
Hoping for return visits!
Mary

Called the hospital yesterday and they say Randy was discharged. Tried calling him a couple of times but no answer. Hope he's taking care of himself and not pushing himself too much. I know he's fallen behind on his chores, but he needs to be careful! Hear that, Randy!!
I acquired 4 hens yesterday from a friend of Nancy Huston aka Nancyshappyhens for you old timers. This lady that lives in Eagle was told she couldn't keep her hens. She's in a very wooded neighborhood. Her yard is HUGE. Farmland behind her. Can't even see any trace of her having chickens from the street. Apparently, a neighbor down the street had chickens and someone complained. How they found out she had them no one knows. Now, she's going through hell. Was fined $55,000. Retroactive. No way can she afford that. Lawyer said her options are set up a go fund me page or file for bankruptcy! Hoping they drop it when they see she got rid of the chickens.
2 of my new hens are cream legbar and 2 RIR

Called the hospital yesterday and they say Randy was discharged. Tried calling him a couple of times but no answer. Hope he's taking care of himself and not pushing himself too much. I know he's fallen behind on his chores, but he needs to be careful! Hear that, Randy!!
I acquired 4 hens yesterday from a friend of Nancy Huston aka Nancyshappyhens for you old timers. This lady that lives in Eagle was told she couldn't keep her hens. She's in a very wooded neighborhood. Her yard is HUGE. Farmland behind her. Can't even see any trace of her having chickens from the street. Apparently, a neighbor down the street had chickens and someone complained. How they found out she had them no one knows. Now, she's going through hell. Was fined $55,000. Retroactive. No way can she afford that. Lawyer said her options are set up a go fund me page or file for bankruptcy! Hoping they drop it when they see she got rid of the chickens.
2 of my new hens are cream legbar and 2 RIR
No! I was not discharged. The hospital lied. The hospital also failed to notify my emergency contact that they have on file. I was there for days before any one found out where I was. I was thrown in isolation the 2nd day I got there and pretty much forgotten/ neglected.
Rose called the local sheriff for a health check. It took the cops to shake loose information of what happened to me. It was a hell of an ordeal that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm going to have to engage a lawyer I think. It was that bad.

Well folks I'm home from an extended stay in the hospital. I went in with what I thought was a heart attack. A day later they said I had Covid and threw me in isolation. No signs or symptoms but other maladies manifested with the worst being intense pain in several areas.
The pain was so intense that had I a gun I would have committed suicide. I was in agony for days. No pain med came close to relief. I cried for days.
They did a bunch of tests and experiments and I kept having body parts fail. They found a spinal compression fracture. Said my knee needs to be replaced ASAP. I need an orthopedic doctor check out my hip, I can barely walk right now. My body chemistry crashed and I was on IV feeds for several days. I have a bacterial infection of the blood and possibly my aortic valve has an infection. Need further testing on that.
My bladder shut down for a few days as did my bowels. Then the bowels came back on hyper-drive. No control whatsoever. Found out my prostrate is hugely enlarged and needs to be addressed ASAP. I even managed to dislocate my shoulder.
At least I'm home now and that is infinitely better. The medical care provided was piss-poor at best. It was a night-mare stay.
On the plus side, I lost some 20 pounds while trapped there. I'm down to 165 pounds. Can you believe it? I have no strength or stamina right now. Hopefully that improves now that I'm home.
I have a PICC line and a visiting nurse is supposed to be here starting tomorrow. Two weeks of care then back for a TEE of my heart valve.
I'm just happy to be home with my dog and cats and chickens.

I'm so happy that I had someone who was able to step in and take care of my critters for me while I was hidden away. I was worried about them the whole time I was in hospital.
I was worried that I would run out of food and I did. But Lee did go to TSC and bought feed. Trouble is he bought scratch instead of FR and layer. He also bought generic cat & dog kibble. Not the better stuff that I had been feeding.

I have to go tomorrow to pick up my prescriptions so I'll get good animal feed and other things that I need. I'm under some restrictions so I'll have to figure out ways to move sacks of feed without hurling my self. I think the next several weeks are going to be a challenge.

Well Raz we were in a quandary over you. I am so glad you are back home. Please, please give yourself some time to rest. Hopefully this will lead to your getting the care you need, instead of a patch-up here and there.

So glad to hear from you
I know you guys were worried. I was worried as well. It was so easy for Big Brother to make me disappear. In reading the discharge papers it doesn't describe what happened at all. There is no diagnosis at all. No mention of a heart attack or Covid. It's like I was in the Bermuda triangle.

Randy, ask for help from the staff when you buy the critter food. They will put in cart and load it in your car. Maybe Lee will help you unload. I had to ask when I hurt my shoulder. How did you get home? Did Scot give you a ride? Take care of yourself. Your body went through a lot. You need to give it time to heal.

Back
Top Bottom