Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

When he is standing up and alert how does he look, If I would take him, he needs to look a certain way in order for him to work in my breeding program.
What features are you looking for?

He has a slight issue with wing feather alignment, but that's due to a power outage at the beginning of the incubation period.

I just broomed off the roof of the run. Man, is that snow HEAVY! Only 2" or so, but very wet. It slid off the roof panels very well. That part of the roof has a good pitch. The new part, much less so, and it's a cheap tarp over chicken wire over the metal frame of what might have been a greenhouse. I'll need to be vigilant on that area, that's for sure.

When the sun comes out, it's really bright and pretty. When the wind blows, it's really chilly! :gig

DH was hand splitting some of the biggest logs from the trees. It's oak, so it splits well. He made half a dozen into quarters so that he could lift the onto the splitter. He said running it vertically was just too hard on the knees and back.

He's made a very nice, open, crisscrossed stack out of what he's split. It's gonna take a lot of wind to dry that stuff out; they were all living trees.

Sorry, trees. Thank you for not falling on the house all these years.
When I run the splitter in the vertical position I will stage the rounds all around one block that I sit on. With the rounds within arm's reach I can roll them around fairly easily. The split pieces I just toss into a wheelbarrow. I do try to avoid using the machine in the vertical position. If your DH doesn't have one already tell him to get a peavy. Makes it lot easier on the back to move heavy logs.

Woke up to around 2" on the ground and still coming steadily down. Radio said we got less than an inch but they are in inland and I'm by the water. Sure is pretty. Just like my ex-wife. Pretty but too damn cold.

I forgot to bring in the water founts last night. Took a couple of bowls from the kitchen to use for water. Got the waterers thawed, wiped down, and refilled. I am going out to clear the porch and steps first. I need to get some de-icer for the steps, I can't risk any more falls.

Spirit Springs Sanctuary is on Dutch Settlement Rd Marcellus, MI. I don't have an exact box number. It is east of M40.

What does he look like?
20211128_140458.jpg
20211128_140501.jpg
20211128_140522.jpg
20211128_140537.jpg
20211128_140539.jpg
20211128_140657.jpg
20211128_140658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom