Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Feeding deer at bait piles or other concentrated forms of food such as a bale of hay means that they have a lot of close contact, and a lot of contact with each other's exhalations, saliva, and urine and feces. As Mary said, it's illegal in many places. Even if it's not illegal where you live, at least take and spread the food out over a large area to help the animals stay farther apart.

There is some evidence that feeding deer actually makes it harder for them rather than easier
https://dnr.wi.gov/news/Weekly/Article/?id=4726

:oops: I will tell DH that we shouldn't do it again.
I do not let deer come around. They do not bother me and there is no food that I provide to them. However, after a deer might come a coyote and they might find and easy chicken dinner, so I always scared them away at all cost. When I get a bow, then I will have deer meat,lol

I do not let deer come around. They do not bother me and there is no food that I provide to them. However, after a deer might come a coyote and they might find and easy chicken dinner, so I always scared them away at all cost. When I get a bow, then I will have deer meat,lol
DH "likes" the deer. I like them too, just not eating my trees, plants, or garden. Yeah, I really need a taller fence around the garden.

I wish DH liked hunting, as we could have venison. He DOES like venison, if someone gives him some. If the world falls apart, he could hunt, he says. I'd go out in a heartbeat and hunt the :rantcritters.

And yes, they are beautiful. I had one about 10 feet outside my window, munching on the tree and looking at me.

Back
Top Bottom