Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Dreamz, having electrical issues is one of the reasons why providing supplemental heat is not a very good idea. If you let your birds acclimate to the cold temperatures then they don't have a problem when the temperature drops if your power goes out. Water issues can be taken care of by using a rubber tub if your electrical is out, you just rotate a couple in and out and the ice comes out of them if you flip them over and stomp on them.
Good advice.
Depending on my emotional state it can be very satisfying to stomp on them to get the ice out. (frustration vent without harming someone)

Oh, So it is bad to have a heater warming them up to 80 degrees? Too bad then I stay inside in my 65 degrees.
I do not recall saying nor writing that the heat is up to 80 but hey, Ii lived in Florida 12 years, maybe it comes natural. Thank you for whatever. I have learned a lot to be a complete moron unless Puertorican are moron by DNA.

You seem pretty bright to me! ☀️

I'm wondering why your outlet kick the bucket. Is it a GFI outlet? That could indicate that you have moisture issues somewhere along your extension cords. Overloading could also short it out.
Bright as the sunshine State or the paradise of the Caribbean? Lol

No and impossible to find out. It is my third outside outlet that has gone out. I have to wait until summer. Maybe a 4K job to re-wire the stupid house. My only bathroom plug dors not work either. It just stopped working.
I only have 2 heavy duty construction extensions put. One holds the coop light, 2 cameras and one brooder plate that really does nothing for heat. 3 hens have frosbite on their crown and waddles. The other one is on the run heating water bowls. I cannot be out there much. With the dizzy spells, I have lost eggs to freeze. So at least they can have water when I cannot make it. The run light is automated and not on unless I turn it on to see through the camera. There is a post behind the house that is powered by electric company because the old owner said it was pitch dark back there. I do not think is too bright for the girls. I put a shade on their window to keep the light out
Would it cost mora than 4K to re-wire a 3/2 manufactured house?

Electrical issues really creep me out. I own an old house in town that was built in 1887. I had the whole thing rewired a year ago, some of the old wiring was just cloth wrapped 2-wire with no electrical boxes behind the plates. The guy I bought it from paid somebody $12,000 to rewire the whole house, but he got ripped off, the guy only did about half of it.

Good advice.
Depending on my emotional state it can be very satisfying to stomp on them to get the ice out. (frustration vent without harming someone)
Sorry about frustrations. I used to get frustrated but not after 12yrs and counting. For me is a waste of my time. I got other thing that are more important than emotions. Eventually emotions change and then we are stuck. If I could redo myself, I will disconnect emotions. They are worthless good for nothing to the human. Many people live by emotions instead of by choice. Maybe that is why everyone wants to proclaim their constitutional rights. It is a very selfish behavior that is bombarding our country. I was taught and learned that my rights end with the beginning of some else's rights. Big example from our natios: it is my right to not get vax. But when does your right to be safe and healthy starts? So, I do not get frustrated. I speak and stand firm for me and for othwrs as well. Besides, I would have no plates to eat from,lol

Bright as the sunshine State or the paradise of the Caribbean? Lol

No and impossible to find out. It is my third outside outlet that has gone out. I have to wait until summer. Maybe a 4K job to re-wire the stupid house. My only bathroom plug dors not work either. It just stopped working.
I only have 2 heavy duty construction extensions put. One holds the coop light, 2 cameras and one brooder plate that really does nothing for heat. 3 hens have frosbite on their crown and waddles. The other one is on the run heating water bowls. I cannot be out there much. With the dizzy spells, I have lost eggs to freeze. So at least they can have water when I cannot make it. The run light is automated and not on unless I turn it on to see through the camera. There is a post behind the house that is powered by electric company because the old owner said it was pitch dark back there. I do not think is too bright for the girls. I put a shade on their window to keep the light out
Would it cost mora than 4K to re-wire a 3/2 manufactured house?
Better have an electrician come in and check your breakers.

Electrical issues really creep me out. I own an old house in town that was built in 1887. I had the whole thing rewired a year ago, some of the old wiring was just cloth wrapped 2-wire with no electrical boxes behind the plates. The guy I bought it from paid somebody $12,000 to rewire the whole house, but he got ripped off, the guy only did about half of it.
What did you do?

Well, well, well. It was a full work day for me. Thursdays are a 2 truck day. Grocery truck was only half full and we were done before first break. The GM truck was packed floor to ceiling and nose to tail with merchandise. There was only 3 of us and we got the whole darn thing unloaded and sorted with the exception of 2 pallets of HBC stuff. The downside to a full day is that I got home well after dark and the chickens were not locked in yet. They were just fine. All were in and roosting as a big group. Usually they break in to 3 separate groups, not tonight.

My heated water fount broke. The bowl has a cold crack (hole actually) and won't hold water. I wasn't expecting that added expense. Dang it. It will be a few weeks until I can replace it. At least I have other founts to use. Just have to swap them often so the birds have liquid water. No biggie.

Cold as a witch's well digger here. Wind has been strong and blowing snow across the roads making for some slick spots that seem to come out of nowhere. Glad that I have the 2 new tires. I'll get the other 2 next month when I get my allowance. Got my fingers crossed that there are no more unexpected surprises. :fl

Back
Top Bottom