Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hope he shares them with us,lol dang! 4.5hrs to get them! I'm game,lol

By the way, what kind of car you drove Saturday? Laughed at your "sniff but don't scratch" sticker, lol
The drive would be worth it. You could even make a weekend of it.

My car is a 1968 Ford LTD Brougham.
The sticker is from the insurance company. At the car shows there is always somebody who wants to touch the cars. I've had friends whose cars were damaged by the Looky-Lous who turn into Touchy-Tonys.

@RaZ only if there duckies involved,lol
Thank you. I think I might take you up on that. I work, not as hard as a young buck but at 61, I kill myself,lol.

I can give you a hand with the beers :oops: lol 😆 or work, :highfive:

OMG! Peeps will be here by next weekend!

Are you guys hungry? :lau :drool

Screenshot_20220628-150151_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I'll come if she brings the pig
You bet I will. One of the things is that I love cooking for a lot of people. It kind of blows for 2 people,lol
I need someone that can sell me some pigs and I want to learn to have them at home. Dang! They all will have their Christmas's ,lol (Puertoricans , we eat the pork like that in Christmas)

Then make some "arroz con gandules y cerdo" (rice with pigeon peas and chunks of pork) covering at the end with a piece of banana leave from the tree:
arrozcongandules-guineo.jpg
Then some "ricos pasteles de masa" Do not confuse these with tamales. They are not tamales. They are made with root vegetables to make the pastel and it is filled with pork well cooked and stewed until there is no juice.

pasteles.jpeg
or pastel de yuca (made with just cassava) and it made and cooked just like the other pastel.
pastelyuca.jpg
However, I prefer to cook it on the fire instead and in the south and middle of teh country, it is called "ayacas" These I have made in the oven at home and it is so delicious.

Hey, stop, get up and get a towel to clean yourself, you are all slabbering. RaZ, close your mouth. Be at peace, people. These are just pictures,lol

The difference from mexican tamales is the way the cook the meat for the filling of course, but the outside is made of corn flour. We used root vegetables like these: (avocados, plantains, bananas nor pumpkins grow under ground)
vianda.jpg
We also eat them like these by just boiling them with salt. This picture has cod stew over them:
viandabacalao.jpg
Kiosks like these are all over the whole island. Look at the size of those avocados!!!
viandakiosk.jpg
( you see those small green round things on the cardboard box? those are "quenepas" they grow on a tree and you just suck on them and then throw the pit out. They are only found in the south (my city of Ponce) and inland but still on the soouth. Some people have been able to make them grow in teh north but they are sour instead of sweet.
Speaking of sweet, our sweet potatoe is completely different from the sweet potatoe here. Here it yam. We barely eat yam in the island. It is really called Boniato in Spain and other hispanic countries. You can see that it looks completely different from a reagular sweet potato found at the markets in the US.
batataboniato.jpg
They are so good boiled, fried, just anyway possible,lol
Ok, no more teasing you guys. Yes, I can cook all that but I need the time.

Love you all!!!

voices in my head: these people are not going to sleep tonight thinking of all this food.
me: I know, but the will one day taste if because I will cook it for them.
Voices in my head: you will? that is good.
me: yes, I will. Promise.

Attachments

• vianda2.jpg
    vianda2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
I am beat up today and did barely squat (not a squat for sure) after I looked at what I had accomplished,lol
Moved thigs to make room for the green house, weeded some in the barely nothing planted garden, watered, enjoyed the visit of a lovely friend from church and she brought lunch, interpreted for hub doc video call, went to Muskegon and grabbed a standing freezer (1muttsfan I need room for the pig ;)) then back tomove more things. Once I gave up for the day, I looked at what I had accomplished, and dang,that could have taken me 30 min tops ifI was younger, but noooo, it took me all freaking day under the sun. :idunno:old:idunno
Ready to hit the sack until tomorrow.

Love you all!
~Hugs~and~Kisses~

Be strong, ignore the enablers...teescee will have chicks all summer.
This summer won't work at all. We have travel scheduled in July and possibly for Thanksgiving too. I can't leave unintegrated chicks with a chicken sitter.

I've never left my chickens. I'm going to be a nervous wreck.

Sally, you're at a wedding... can't you at least SMILE? No, I'm worried about my chickens and my garden.

Back
Top Bottom