Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

From late January until mid June this year my flock of 34 birds, including four roosters, of which twelve are bantams, were in their coop that's 24'x 14' diameter. It has five separate areas, so it's not all one open space, but all the doors inside were ajar, and everyone got along.
I think either of the Chanties I have would be fine. Best guess, anyway!
The two year old is Ben, and the one year old is Jerry. They do not know their names though.
Mary

So scared. Did not see any movement on the eggs today. One had a crack but put them back. No more candling until past 21 days if needed. Then poor Rachel got stung by a bee or something on one side. She is acting normal so, I am letting her be. 20220630_103925.jpg

It worked! It still isn't something I want to do very long but it is better than the current alternatives.

This is for the canning tomatoes and their companion marigolds. All of them got a good drink tonight.

I had to try twice. The first hose was too short and stiff; I got it going but it fell out too easily. Improvements would be a shut off valve on the lower end and a way to support the lower end. And to get a trailer going so I can use my own truck to pull it out there.

Eventually, I'd like a siphon hose all the way from the pond. I didn't have time this trip and it was too hot to fight the poison ivy and brambles between the garden and the pond. But eventually .... :)

The deer walked through but didn't take any bites of tomato plant. I drove several posts in and have the wire for the fence but ran out of daylight. I only had a bit of time at the tail end of the day up there today.

The fireflies are out but weird. I remember them making dashes; these all make ONLY dots.
I have noticed that too! Like twinkling stars. Even tried to do a slow motion video and got no dashes.

Hot today. I was working on the anti-dig apron for the garden, and I used up all the pieces of metal roofing. Next, I'll take the bits and pieces of chicken wire I have sitting around, and use them. After those are gone, I'll cut up some of the junky pieces of fence that used to be around the garden.

I saw two Japanese Beetles on my asparagus. JB hunting season is about to begin. Free protein for the chickens. Oh, girls...? Bug snack!
Yup! They just started on my potato plants and raspberries. Killed 4 and the hunt continues.

Good day! All is so busy! Garage door guy called but told him not this wekend. Money has been spent on a refurbished washer because they are too expensive and to top it all off, had to buy a new stand freezer and new fridge. Since hub pissed me off as soon as I woke up, I took off to Best Buy to get the replacement of my sound bar and sub-woofer. Thank God I had paid for teh geek squad ( I have no clue on technology) so I did not had to buy a new one. But I got a really good deal on the refrigerator. It was the last open/floor display and it was more than 40% off. Home depot and everywhere is about 3K and I got it for 1.4K Finally got me a smart hub,lol a Samsung hub, :thumbsup

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Samsung...YWbBLz9QvO9PDbGXn_BoCfx0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Rachel is doing way better today from her bee sting. All is almost gone.

The re-roofing saga continues. He is finishing the back part because it was never finished before winter. No housing yet but since I am getting the outdoor stove, Pitbull will inherit their area. I do not want to go through winter with those terrosists that I can barely rely on eggs anyways. So they will be in freezer before it gets cold. That way I can work on making that area cold friendly for Pitbull and then the other area for the new peeps. (crossing fingers). Yesterday noticed that the 6-10 egg had a crack but cannot tell if it is coming from theinside or Lil mama has been pecking at them, or just the heat. I do have a fan in full power towards her only. Today noticed while I was moving the camera and Lil mama moved, that the 6-14 egg is also cracked. I am a little worried that she will end up with no peeps. She has had this desire since I got her by going broody 4 times before being a year old. Hope all is fine.
20220702_104202 (1).jpg 20220702_104219.jpg

At the same time, the few things I put in the ground seems like its doing something,lol
Raspberry bush is getting the hang on its new home.

20220701_203322.jpg

Spanish Sweet onions, I have no clue when they are ready or what,lol They are there though.
20220701_203246.jpg

Tomatoes, they are getting bigger and stronger with flower. No sign of any tiny tomaty yet.
tomatoes 7-1.jpg
Bell peppers, they are also there. They seem to be growing slower that the tomatoes.
peppers7-1.jpg
The leaf lettuces are blooming. But I have no clue when they are ready to have leaves plucked,lol

2leaflettuce7-1.jpg

However, the head lettuces were kind of dying but put them in the ground anyways and they seem to be growing new leaves. I have no clue on this either nor what will happen to them,lol
headlettucesdying.jpg headlettucesonground.jpg headlettucepromising.jpg

Then the broccoli, they are growing taller. Never seem a broccoli plant in my life,lol When will I know when ready, I have no clue,lol
broccoli7-1.jpg

So since this morning, I took the crock pot out and put beef ribs, seasonings, parsley,basil,cilantro and oregano frommy backyard with 16oz water on high settings,lol I just have to put the rice maker and make some rice. Who would believe I would use a rice maker,lol Always did it the old way that my mom taught me. :lau

20220702_093042.jpg 20220702_093145.jpg 20220702_093221.jpg
290682399_566206928564759_1814779642468271216_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom