Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Does anyone know what this insect is?

Attachments

• 1E246B92-238A-45D7-8477-262D1ADC61C5.jpeg
    1E246B92-238A-45D7-8477-262D1ADC61C5.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 1
I found it on asparagus (up in the fronds). Potatoes, peppers, and strawberries are near, squash and broccoli a little further away. Walnuts are about 100' away. Maples a bit further (in an unmowed tiny woods-ish bit. A large open field is about 50' away. Nearest open water is a large river, pretty far away (maybe two miles). Well, there might be marshy water a mile or so the other way.

Thank you

Update on the poison hemlock here; we have small plants, and also 2' tall second year plants about to flower! Get out there and safely eliminate those before they flower and go to seed!
Mary, can you post some pictures of the hemlock? I've looked it up online, and I don't think they have pictures of the year old small plants. I see pics of it in flower.

This morning our lame Chantie hen was dead, she had been having more problems with her badly arthritic hock recently. Did I wait too long for euthanasia? Or was she having a 'good enough' life for the last months? Can't ask her, and regrettable either way.
Sometimes the best answer is obvious, sometimes not.
Hot again today, and no rain again. Maybe this week, I hope!
I really have a hard time wanting to garden, or anything, outside when it's hot. And 'hot' seems to be at lower temps than it used to be...
Mary

Back
Top Bottom