Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@RaZ of course finger crossed I got all theDrakes, :lau :lau
I am ok if they are Drakes. They sure will look beautiful if this is what they will look like. Photo found on the internet. Of course, I think will be greenish and not purple,lol. They say they look almost like Mallard ducks.

Screenshot_20220812-162636_Chrome.jpg

Alert! Right now, our three big Dolgo crabapple trees are LOADED with ripe fruit, the best ever for making crabapple jelly! Anyone want to come and get some? There's enough for everyone to have bushels of them, and they need picking soonest. last year I made spiced jelly, delicious!
Mary
Funny, I just noticed the last week or so, the crabapple tree(probably ornamental) in front of my house has hardly any leaves on it, let alone any fruit.

Some flowering crabs are more disease resistant than others, and some have few flowers or fruit every other year. This year our Dolgos have so much fruit their branches are drooping.
And we have a 'Flame' variety that flowers every other year, and is slowly dying. This year it was 'on' and beautiful. Next year it might have six flowers, if it's still with us.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom