Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I dug a bunch of potatoes today. And it was about 1/4 of the plants. I did three plantings, so some are still green, while the earliest ones are dead and brown. The rain we got Saturday made the weeds easy to pull, so I dug those as I went. Die, crabgrass, die! Wish I could dig all the way around the garden, but not enough time or energy.

One of my younger hens is getting pecked on by the older three. She's the largest bird, and mostly rather aloof. I'm wondering why they pick on her?

Mary, I need one of your roos to restore order in my flock!

We are doing better, recovering. I'm still not up to speed, but nearly.
Today one of our fifteen year old cats 'moved on', because of advanced kidney failure. She's been failing, and today we reran blood chems and knew it was time. RIP, Lucet.
Not the best day, but fifteen+ is a good age for a kitty.
@Sally PB , Sunday works for us for meeting to meet you with Jerry! Somewhere on the north side of Lansing, off I69.
Mary

Last edited:
Upset, furious,muted. Let everyone out as I worked in the garden and Saturday was a full lockdown for everyone due to the rain. Pitbull has been behaving but P2 was in the coop getting ready to go up. She is the first one up. Well, knucklehead went in and cornered her. He pecked at her eye. Anyone goes down for him and he goes around and peck at their comb and head. My P2 can barely open her eye. I checked her and not busted. Tomorrow will keep an eye on her. Pitbull unfortunately in jail tonight. I love him and would not cull him but I am furious at him for now.
20220815_212534.jpg 20220815_211634.jpg

Thank you Mrs.Michelle and Mrs.Mary.
I almost called you M&M :lau

I called my sister last night. She is no veterinarian but she had me open her eye fully to see any hurt because she might loose sight on that eye. Then she prayed and I over P2. I took her back almost at midnight. Everything was so quite since Pitbull was put in jail. They might have remembered that the wyndottes went in and never back to the area. But, God works miracles all the time. P2 has her eye open and laid her big white egg and is good. Pitbull is out of jail too. He just had to wait until I got up at 8:47am,lol

New to the Michigan thread, look forward to seeing what is going on with everyone's flocks. We do not have any chickens right now, coyotes cleaned us out last fall but we have pea fowl that are doing great. We had our 1st pea chicks hatch out this year, we have 4 pea chicks that were hatched out 4th of July if anyone is interested. Too young to tell sex yet but they have been wormed. Let me know if you are interested, $50 each.

Attachments

• 20220817_143440.jpg
    20220817_143440.jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom