Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Having a blast! Sanctus Real are amazing! Unity Festival is a 4 day concert of Christian music. Today is free. This year big tickets are Big Daddy Weave, Sanctus Real, Crowder, Riley Clemens,Mathew West, Mike Donehey who is now a solo artist but used to be part of the group Tenth Avenue North, Jason Gray and more. It's on every August.
View attachment 3218947View attachment 3218948View attachment 3218949
This is like Woodstock for Christians without the drugs,lol
We Are Messener is on and they are from Australia. Before covid, it was superb with Toby Mac, For King and Country. It is always a blast here. Just to have a huge set up just for us who love to worship Christ unashamed!
That sounds amazing!!!! I wish I could go sometime!!! I LOVE all those bands!!!

Ok. OMG! Finally a few hours here and there in between appointments. Cement is dry and that thing does not move for nothing in the world. Still need to fill 3 on the middle but maybe next week. This weekend will be trying to complete the roof. I am on my third wall with hardware cloth.
Then, need to till around for the skirt. Also make a drench for water to follow outside. Yet, those quackies do not stop growing.

20220818_141422.jpg 20220818_141431.jpg 20220818_141438.jpg 20220818_141447.jpg 20220818_141507.jpg 20220818_141610.jpg 20220818_141636.jpg

Then when you are posting while outside and all of a sudden you hear nothing but the wind and look around and find this,
16608506061828817678538050628629.jpg
PRICELESS!!

Whoo hoo! I scored another ice bucket for a waterer. Only $2 at goodwill!

This makes three: the perfect one (3 quart, all stainless steel, double-walled, vacuum sealed, with handle), the one that works until I find something better (3 quart, stainless steel inside but acrylic outside, double-walled, vacuum sealed, with handle), and the new one (2 quart, all stainless steel, double-walled, vacuum-sealed, no handle).

The new one has much thinner walls, it actually bucked due to the temperature changes when I washed it. And much thinner vacuum space between the walls. So it won't insulate well enough for winter by itself. But it fits inside the perfect one!!! I may get a full day before it freezes across the top even through the coldest nights.

Which usually doesn't matter because I check on the chickens more often than that anyway. But it might mean I won't have to run the extension cord out to a water heater when my neighbor chicken-sits when we leave for Christmas or for my son's wedding.

Or maybe not it doesn't have enough capacity for the five (if I keep all five). Especially if I need to revisit the "boiling water" bottle in the bottom idea ....

No matter, it will be fun to play with it.

My ducks are doing well, Dreamz. They are as big as the adults. No sign of a drake feather yet. :fl The little garbage cans sure do put away the food. Your new construction project looks great.

Welcome Grandma. I might be interested in a couple of your peafowl.

I've been busy with the Cheeseburger festival for the past few days. I tend the upper gate and check to see that people have the access buttons to get into the amphitheater. Gives me a chance to flirt with all of the pretty girls. ;)

There are car shows Saturday & Sunday so I'll be busy all weekend. I should keep my butt at home and stockpile firewood for the winter. What I should do and what I actually do are usually on opposite ends of the spectrum. :oops:

Speaking of old cats...my rescue tom (Freddy) is at least 17. I know I had him in 2005. I forget if I got him that year or the year before, maybe 2003. Can't remember. Anyway, I was just petting him and doing head bumps when he suddenly bit me. On the nose. Now I'm bleeding on the outside and inside of my nose. So I'm wearing a stylish band-aid and toilet paper tampon. And that is your visual for this evening. LOL

Hi everyone! Might be a but cloudy but it is hot as hell for me. Finished three walls on hardwarecloth. Then began digging the trench around to put the skirt. Used the tiller and went over it about 3 times. Took a bathroom break and had to do it one more time. My co-workers began filling ut back up ahead of time,lol So I had to put a net to keep them out for not following working protocols.
IMG_20220819_155657_01.jpg IMG_20220819_155657_02.jpg

Finally one side done. The co-workers began filling it the right way this time. It takes me a lot longer with the heat and watching everyone and making sure Pitbull stays away from the big girls. He still was able to get some blood out of P2 almost in the eye again. Here is the hard work. Still much more to come before getting the ducks out of the chicken run. Lil'Mama and itty-bitty babies are with the regular girls and sleeps in the coop. Trying to get them use to each other before winter. They only only that does not get along is Pitbull.
20220820_184537.jpg

Oh, I went to Sam's and the FFH for dual feed and there were lots of palettes free. So we came home, swap vehicles, hook the trailer, and back we went. Now it is all sitting in the back to repurpose it, I feel like RaZ,lol
20220820_110743.jpg 20220820_110807.jpg

Back
Top Bottom