Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

DH and I saw hundreds of gulls out in a farmer's cornfield. The corn has been cut, so I'm guessing they're gleaning dropped seeds? Can't recall seeing that many gulls at once, not near a body of water.
Seeing gulls around here baffles me. I'm walking distance to the beach on the big lake but I seldom see them. Going to work...I'll see scores of them in fields on my way. Then there are dozens in the parking lot that is some 20 miles from the water.

So I had to go for a treatment on my elbow and shoulder in a town about an hour south of me. Made a stop on the way home.
And this guy hi-jacked my car and forced me to drive him home.
Day1.jpg

Dh says we're going to Menards today to get the lumber for the pantry project. YAY. The shelves will be the easy part. He wants to take the heavy sliding doors and make them swing out. It'll require some heavy duty hinges and he plans to put casters on them to help support the weight. :fl Here's hoping it works as intended. It'll look very nice when it's done.

One additional plus: Since the doors will swing open, the space in front of them has to remain clear of stuff. No boots, no bags of chicken feed, sweet PDZ, etc.

Oh. No chicken brooder either. So here's hoping my broody hen will manage the job when I get chicks next time.

He's adorable!!! What breed?
Enjoying the milder temps. Wish the sun would come out and stay awhile.
He is a mix. Boxer, pitti and lab. First night went well. He slept through the night and there were no accidents. Went potty when I took him out this morning. He doesn't seem to like the cold. Can't say that I blame him. Bella is giving me the cold shoulder though. She is a little jealous right now but she will warm to him.

I'm glad it isn't so cold. I'm completely relying on wood for heat and the supply is going fast. Still haven't heard from the credit union one way or the other. :barnie

Did you get yourself a space heater? Those things scare me, but better than freezing.
Good puppy!
I did. Actually I got 2 small ones. One has a thermostat feature. I feel comfortable leaving it on all day. The other one is just a heated fan thing that I use to warm up the bedroom before bedtime. I turn that one off when I go to bed. Fleece sheets and lots of blankets are good for the night.

My home equity application is in the hands of the underwriter now. Just waiting on the drive-by appraisal and a title search to finalize the loan. Hopefully there are no hiccups or glitches that pop up.

Winston.jpg

Today was a big day for Winston. I had to work so he was home all day without me. 9 hours and there were no accidents in the house. I took him out when I got home and he he did his business just like a big boy.

Just as good...Bella has come around and warmed up to the little guy. They played together for a little while. Old Lady Bella was acting like a young pup herself for a good 20 minutes. Now both pups are tuckered out and sleeping. I think a new pup was just the thing to make us old dogs think we can still be young for a while.

Back
Top Bottom