Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@SallyPB just got this today...
20230131_182451.jpg

So,...
Screenshot_20230127_185638.jpg

Last evening our furnace quit, and we hadn’t noticed since we had been making dinner, baking, busy doing chores, etc. We realized later that it indeed hadn’t come on in hours, and the temperature was dropping. The furnace had been going in and out and we had a guy out to look at it but he didn’t find anything wrong before. Well after over 24 hours without a furnace we finally got a brand new one installed and have a heated house again. We had plenty of space heaters but it wasnt the same.

I like that puttering description. That is pretty much me. Except that I start a dozen projects and never seem to finish one. Heck, I can get distracted just walking to the garage.

I can symphonize with you about no furnace. I was without one until January 2. I burned all of the well seasoned firewood that I had. What I have left was stack in the fall so it's not the best for burning.

I'm scheduled for MRIs this week and next. My whole left side is defective. I wouldn't be surprise to see some surgery in my future. But if it rids me of the pain I'll be happy.

Beautiful day today. But it is darn cold. I'll be bundled up to take the trash to the dump.

What if you want to start with only 4? Will TSC sell 4 at a time? I keep hearing mixed answers. I was thinking about TSC, Fowerville Feed or Family Farm and Home.
If anyone is interested, or in the area Fowlerville feed: Pre-order only, no minimums, chicks from Townline. First chick day: order by March 24th, pickup on April 4th. Second chick day: order by May 26th, pickup June 6th.

So... any concerns about Townline chicks?

Also taking suggestions on a good hardy, decent egg layer, semi-friendly in a small (starting with 4) flock bird. Don't care about egg color. I've been reading about different types, and my head is spinning. I'm leaning towards orps....but someone told me they are broody??? Yeh I know I am opening a can of worms in that question... I suspect chicken people are like bee people. Ask 1 question and get 4 right answers (or more!).

Townline has a good reputation. My friends order from there whenever they get chicks or ducklings. They do extensive research about such things and have had no problems themselves over decades.

Those friends get ISA Red for the bulk of their flock when they are selling eggs. Unless their clients want other colors of eggs. They get various other breeds because they like variety.

Yes, there are at least four right answers, lol.

If anyone is interested, or in the area Fowlerville feed: Pre-order only, no minimums, chicks from Townline. First chick day: order by March 24th, pickup on April 4th. Second chick day: order by May 26th, pickup June 6th.

So... any concerns about Townline chicks?

Also taking suggestions on a good hardy, decent egg layer, semi-friendly in a small (starting with 4) flock bird. Don't care about egg color. I've been reading about different types, and my head is spinning. I'm leaning towards orps....but someone told me they are broody??? Yeh I know I am opening a can of worms in that question... I suspect chicken people are like bee people. Ask 1 question and get 4 right answers (or more!).
Hatchery Orpingtons are less likely to be broody because they select them to lay eggs, therefore if one is broody they are more likely to cull them. More eggs mean more chicks to sell.

Back
Top Bottom