Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I'm torn about locking down my girls. They were locked down all of last summer, and they hated it. When fall came and most birds migrated, we allowed them out daily, just while doing the coop and pen clean up. Do any of you use chicken tunnels?

Blaine's had limited stock this weekend. Australorps, BRs and RIRs, and a handful of cornish. They are located on the back wall behind a barrier.

TSC in Williamston had mostly straightruns. They did have a bin marked mystic marans. I'm not familiar with the coloring of those chicks, but based on the rainbow of color in that bin, I somehow doubt that its correctly labeled. They do have a min of 4.
I have a Midnight Majesty Marans....aka Mystic Marans. They are a Black Copper Maran roo × Barred Rock hen cross. The pullets will be Marans color and cockerels are barred. Our Morty girl (Morticia) has very little copper. Very hard to see.
I have a Barred Rock hen but I'm more focused on the Black Copper Marans and their eggs at the moment.
20221012_110841.jpg
20221116_155411.jpg

I have a Midnight Majesty Marans....aka Mystic Marans. They are a Black Copper Maran roo × Barred Rock hen cross. The pullets will be Marans color and cockerels are barred.
Gotcha. Chicks were a variety, a couple of little black and whites, many chipmunks, and shades from light yellow to dark orange. My guess maybe a couple of marans if any.

I will say that the attendant near them jumped into action when I told him that one of them had pasty butt.

I have a Midnight Majesty Marans....aka Mystic Marans. They are a Black Copper Maran roo × Barred Rock hen cross. The pullets will be Marans color and cockerels are barred. Our Morty girl (Morticia) has very little copper. Very hard to see.
I have a Barred Rock hen but I'm more focused on the Black Copper Marans and their eggs at the moment.
View attachment 3447772View attachment 3447773
Would you ever sell some of the copper Maran roo x barred rock hen cross eggs? A friend of mine is really really wanting some mystic Marans, and I wouldn’t mind a few either. No problem either way. Just curious. 😊

Would you ever sell some of the copper Maran roo x barred rock hen cross eggs? A friend of mine is really really wanting some mystic Marans, and I wouldn’t mind a few either. No problem either way. Just curious. 😊
I won't sell to anyone here on the Mi. forum but when she starts up laying again I'll collect her eggs and give to you. I don't have any recent pics of the birds. (I'll get some) Here's a couple of past pics of Kong and Lizzie. Kong is a tank and very good boy.
20211117_161007.jpg
20220913_125034.jpg
20210831_112443.jpg
20220910_193422.jpg

That's Esther in the oven with Lizzie making Olive Egger eggs. I need an incubator. 😁
Only girl that's gone broody so far has been one of our BCM. And we ended up with Prince and 3 more BCM girls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom