Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

You have a trio? Same color?
You said trio, sorry... If you'd like to pm me when you can the wife would love to have them.

Edit.... She's been researching them and says their super adorable. Lol. Mille Fleur is the color I'm guessing? We're new to the bantam size. I can relate with the retirement. We still have the last one of our very first isa brown girls. She's past her laying stage and has been laying soft or broken eggs just about everyday. We might get 1 egg from her a week that's hard enough to handle. So she's living out her days in comfort being head hen and Kong's favorite. She gets first dibs on treats he finds by tidbitting very quietly for her.
20230329_153731.jpg
20220910_193422.jpg

Last edited:
Yes raining here as well. I’m going to a ranch riding clinic today with my mare Misti, and I have to haul in this rain 😖 we have a stock trailer too so I’ll be blanketing her for the ride over so she doesn’t get soaked. The ducks are loving the rain, but the chickens not so much.

It's a trio of milliefleur d'Uccles, and an occasional egg from one of the hens. Free to a good home, retirement.
It's pouring right now, haven't been to the coop yet this morning. Barely got the dogs off the deck!
Mary
Ok, well we'd love to take care of them for you. When would be a good day to come by and pick them up? Sunday or early next week would be good for us let these rain days blow over.
Any special needs for them other than the usual layer, egg shell, grit?
I haven't been out yet either... lol. Went til dark last night, now by back is dragging behind the rest of my body.

The boy looks okay today, moved them to a separate coop section, so they won't be hassled further. one of the hens layed an egg today too!
All our birds eat Flock Raiser, with grit and oyster shell on the side. Layer feed is meant for actively laying hens only, nobody else, because the calcium level is too high for everyone else.
I sent a message just now.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom