Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Is it really late July? Hot, dry, not nice. Tonight I watered shrubs and small trees that were moved last year, and might not be able to save a native dogwood that needed water sooner. No veggies planted either, again this year. Maybe next week. Maybe.
The chicks are doing fine, the seven week olds are integrating with the big birds very well. The one and two week olds are still in the garage in separate brooders, all really cute!
Mary

...I was wondering if there was another way I was missing....
Sometimes we bake it that way but then eat it with black pepper and a little salt. Sometimes with butter; sometimes our fresh butternut squash doesn't need buttter.

Sometimes we simmer it by itself on the stovetop. Sometimes we microwave it.

My favorite way is as the thickener in soups. Sugar Solutions cookbook has a good corn and avocado stew with the squash as thickener. It goes particularly well with beef - like beef and peppers or beef barley.

I know I have been scattered but doing so much and my 10 month old is sitting on 5 eggs. She is doing really good. Due date should be June 8th, I meant hatching day, 😆 🤣
BP and GL throwing crazy numbers. I give up. Working outside a lot hoping to be able to plant all these seedings. Oregano and cilantro are fearless. Will try to bring some in pots to the chickenstock in case anyone wants some. Same with raspberries.
Too tired that get in bed early and then catch up with TV late at night. It's a vicious cycle,lol 😫

Hey everybody! For some reason I stopped getting notifications for this thread! How are you guys? Everything is well here on the farm, got our garden planted finally, the meat birds have been butchered, and the rest of the farm is just happy summer is here! I was just wondering, when is chicken stock? i believe i remember somwtjing about it being in lansing? Idk if roosters go at those things but i now unfortunately have four roosters 😞 and the two in the bachelor pen got in a nasty scuffle and have to be separated now. They are sweet in general but 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom