Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My broody hen has finally decided to stay on her eggs, but she is very grumpy toward the Bantams that I moved into that coop and run with her. Up until today she was getting off several times a day to go outside, grumble, peck at the other birds , eat and drink, and eventually go back on to the eggs. Today she is sitting very tight and I did not disturb her, but tomorrow I'll get her off the nest for a while.

Possibly rain this weekend! I don't care that we have friends coming over, and we're going to try to move DH's antique truck. He and I can move the truck. I WANT RAIN! 🤞🙏

The corn field near us has growing corn. It's 5" tall now. What moisture is that corn getting to allow it to grow??? The ground was dusty dry when it was planted, and we haven't had any rain since.

A lot of hay fields have already had first cut and are greening up again even though we haven't had any rain for weeks. Everything is so dry and dusty. The wheat fields look really nice and the beet crops are coming along nicely. Still we could really use a nice soaking rain.
I didn't do a garden this year. Just stuck in a few tomatoes and herbs. I do have grape, strawberry, and raspberry from before and they all look good. I did want to plant a couple of fruit trees this year but I haven't got around to that. Just lazy I guess.

Broody duck has abandoned the first nest and is now on a second. Second duck is sitting on both duck and chicken eggs on another nest. Broody buff moved her nest over about a foot from where it was. I would be very surprised if any of the chicken eggs are fertile. Last year the ducks hatched the day of CS. If I don't have any hatchlings by this year CS then I will probably do a complete coop clean out. (After I candle the eggs)

I took the new car to a car show on Saturday. It was a good time with lots of nice cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Then there was a classic car cruise in C-ville later that evening.

Back
Top Bottom