Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I was supposed to leave the dressing on until Thursday before showering and changing it. Instead, I bled through it and had to change it last night and again this morning. I had 2 appointments at my local hospital today so I stopped at the walk-in clinic for a bandage change. They wouldn't even look at me because the surgery was done at a different hospital. The surgical nurse from the other hospital called for a follow up. Told her what was going on. She advised to change the dressing myself and monitor it over night.
Did that. Cleaned the suture sites and redressed the wounds and applied a clean wrap. That was about 4:30 this afternoon. Of the 4 incisions one is still seeping through the bandages. If it is still leaking by tomorrow morning, I think I put apply some Quik-Stop and Blue Kote on it before I go to work. That always works for blood feathers and nails cut to the quick.

As near as I can see in the mirror, I count 27 stitches between the 4 incisions. Lots of bruising around the entire elbow. There is no pain at all and very little swelling so I take that as a good sign. It is just difficult to treat with only one hand. That's what I get for listening to my doctors, eh? :D

Well, after the storm of Lupita being only 10 month old, she got her prize. Most eggs were duds, so great-grandma to the rescue. FFH and 2 black Australorps, 2 ISA Brown, 2 Americaunas, and 2 of don't remember white like leghorns but shorter crown later last night, mama hatched her own by 7am.
So, a happy mama with 9 peeps. The little one is the bantam from her and LoveChild.

Screenshot_20230607-230208_Ring.jpg

Screenshot_20230608-080226_Ring.jpg

20230608_104533.jpg

20230608_104532.jpg

20230608_075125.jpg
20230608_075115.jpg

@troyer we are great-grandparents,lol

Well, after the storm of Lupita being only 10 month old, she got her prize. Most eggs were duds, so great-grandma to the rescue. FFH and 2 black Australorps, 2 ISA Brown, 2 Americaunas, and 2 of don't remember white like leghorns but shorter crown later last night, mama hatched her own by 7am.
So, a happy mama with 9 peeps. The little one is the bantam from her and LoveChild.

View attachment 3534432

View attachment 3534429

View attachment 3534427

View attachment 3534428

View attachment 3534430
View attachment 3534431

@troyer we are great-grandparents,lol
:wee !Awesome!:wee

I didn't resort to the Blue-Kote although my elbow does look like I applied a coat. The bruising is terrible. I tried to get a photo but can't hold the phone at the angle. I hope I get healed up quickly enough to make some bird houses.
I did go to work today. It was awkward throwing boxes with one arm in a sling. The other guys there handled the heavy stuff and I did the smaller and lighter stuff. Even still I'm pretty tuckered out today.

For once I go out to lock up chickens and find our little runt Kiora up on the roost by herself! I usually have to pick her up and put her up there cause shes standing under it with her neck stretched up like she wants up on it. But TONIGHT she was already up there! It's such a relief to see she is actually capable of getting up there somehow on her own. I've been enjoying the cooler temps and now seeing that has made it a good week.

Back
Top Bottom