Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hello, I have a buff orpington rooster I need to rehome (free no charge) just because we have too many.
He us the sweetest boy and very handsome, whoever gets to have him is very lucky🥺
Pickup in Hudson MI

Attachments

• 20230725_194202.jpg
    20230725_194202.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230725_194243.jpg
    20230725_194243.jpg
    779.9 KB · Views: 1
I didn't know about that.
Do people take chickens that are free?
They might if they want a rooster.

Be aware, they might want him for a chicken dinner. Once he leaves your house, you can't control what happens to him.

A lot (LOT) of people end up with too many cockerels/roosters. There usually is not much demand for them, except as a meal.

They might if they want a rooster.

Be aware, they might want him for a chicken dinner. Once he leaves your house, you can't control what happens to him.

A lot (LOT) of people end up with too many cockerels/roosters. There usually is not much demand for them, except as a meal.
That's sad. He's a good boy.
But someone in my family would have to go ask, and they probably won't 😔

Happy heatwave, Batman. Going to be sticky today. My ground is still pretty wet from all the rain this week so it seems even worse.

I rounded up the last stray chicks the other night. The last one was roosting with the 2 adult hens so she was easy to grab. All littles are in the coop. The coop is divided for the ducks to be separate from the chickens. However, the chickens are now big enough to jump the divider so they go visit. I need to do some tractor work in the run so I can install a different perimeter fence. I'd like to let the littles outdoors within a week.

I tangled with a hornet's nest last evening. Got tagged a couple of times and so did Winston. Win tripped me as we were running away and I took a hard tumble in the gravel driveway. That hurts worse than the stings. Hand looks like a baseball glove.:thumbsup

Car show at a local winery tomorrow. They put on a good show last year, this year should be even better. So I better get busy and get some chores done, eh?

Back
Top Bottom