Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@Dreamzchaser , please do get yourself checked out!
Sunday night I found a deer tick embedded in my neck, yuck! So, Monday I took it to the MSU Veterinary Path Lab, where it was tested for five of those nasty tick borne diseases, and it had Lyme (only, at least!). So, checked the CDC website, and learned that one dose of Doxycycline within 72 hours may eliminate the Lyme I was exposed to. Did it, and here's hoping it works. Lyme is not a fun disease to have, and I'll be getting tested in a few weeks too.
The state public health lab no longer will test individual ticks for diseases, but it's done at MSU.
This is going to be a much more frequent event every year...
Mary
Wow! 1) sorry about the tick! 2) I didn't know you could have them tested and 3) Good for you that you did! Glad you're now protected.

I used to work at a nursing facility. We had a resident who had MS. He then got Lymes, and was permanently paralyzed (because of the combination, I guess. No talking. No feeding himself. Nothing. And the poor man was young - maybe 40, with young kids. It was heartbreaking

Ticks... shudder.

Heading home tomorrow from Charlotte, NC. It'll be a long drive; 13-14 hours depending on stops and traffic. With two drivers, that's totally doable, but I'm still not looking forward to it. I am soooo looking forward to being home!

Freya has been very good, and was an excellent rider in the car. Calm and quiet, with a little bit of excitement at a couple of toll booths.

Ticks... shudder.

Heading home tomorrow from Charlotte, NC. It'll be a long drive; 13-14 hours depending on stops and traffic. With two drivers, that's totally doable, but I'm still not looking forward to it. I am soooo looking forward to being home!

Freya has been very good, and was an excellent rider in the car. Calm and quiet, with a little bit of excitement at a couple of toll booths.
Safe travels, Sally!

I just made another great score today. People on the lake side had a couple of trees cut down on Monday but the crew couldn't finish the job and came back today to clean up. Neighbors said I could have the wood. I got there just as the crew was about to leave. The foreman agreed to drop the wood and chips at my place rather than haul it all an hour to their yard.
So now that I warmed back up I'll go back out and start cutting. It's a beautiful day, sunny, and perfectly clear. But cold. Damn cold.

I just made another great score today. People on the lake side had a couple of trees cut down on Monday but the crew couldn't finish the job and came back today to clean up. Neighbors said I could have the wood. I got there just as the crew was about to leave. The foreman agreed to drop the wood and chips at my place rather than haul it all an hour to their yard.
So now that I warmed back up I'll go back out and start cutting. It's a beautiful day, sunny, and perfectly clear. But cold. Damn cold.
Wonderful! What kind of wood?

Back
Top Bottom