Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Oh! I hadn't realized that the player the officials announced was eligible was NOT one of the two went up to the official to report eligible. That makes it pretty clear it was the ref that made the mistake. And I think the ref is not lying, I think he remembers it inaccurately (I've done some of those "accuracy of memory" exercises in various classes.)

And I checked, you have to report yourself, you can't report a different player.

Last edited:
And back to chickens.

My hens have been sticking very close to their shed since the last of the leaves dropped in the woodsy part of the yard. Or maybe it is because the ground has been so cold.

Anyway, they haven't been out for a week, since we had a lit of company and were gone some. They were sooooo happy to go out yesterday. They trucked it over as far as they have ever gone. But toward the house. I don't really want them past the house in the front yard.

The first time they came too far, I shooed them back. They settled in beside the back of the house and scratched around the downspout. In the summer, I would have shooed them back from there too but the poops will have all winter to weather away so I left them.

When they finished there, maybe a half hour later, they headed past the house again. This time I didn't ket them see me. I stuck the black umbrella out the door and swung it around a couple of times.

That was pretty effective!!! In hindsight, I should have just stuck it out; not swung it around also.

Dual goal of keeping them back for the day (probably much longer) and, hopefully, teaching them to not assume everywhere is as safe as they've thought it was.

Downside to me, is they hung out in the walkway of the storage end of the shed instead to all the way outside. Now I have clean that.

I'm curious about how long it will take to get them outside again.

Edit to add: Lol. Not long. This morning, they checked the garden briefly, the downspout area for a few minutes, and headed around the house (other side from the umbrella door).

Last edited:
Hello! I was reccomended to try this thread. I am from the south-east area of Michigan, south of Flint.
Oh my a new member! Welcome! I used to live in Brighton, but we moved a couple of years ago to the St Joseph area on the West side of the state. I do miss Brighton, tho...

Unfortunately, I can't take any roos, either. Although your white boi is gorgeous! I have a Itty bitty guy named Quill (Starlord) who is kinda a jerk but protects his ladies and doesn't hurt when he tries to attack me.

I had to travel up north yesterday to the Big Rapids area. It was so sunny! We haven't had the sun at home for nearly a week and it's been drizzly. Awful. I agree with the early darkness, too @1muttsfan it's so depressing. I had hubby let the birds out while I was gone, for the first time in a week. They were happily doing their thing when I got home and ran to me for treats. Sometimes it's nice to feel needed.

If any of you are the praying type, I could sure use some prayers right now (my real name is Karen). For strength and peace. My teen has decided to go live with her dad in Florida, and it's breaking this mama's heart. I'm going to miss the wonderful daughter I've raised but I won't hold someone against their will. 🧡

Her dad and I are working out visits right now. I'm hoping we can just do what he had for visitation, but opposite. Seems easiest. Kid and I are on good terms... she feels kinda lost in all of this, I think.
I imagine she is. I hope this all works out to everyone's benefit.

As a child of divorced parents (back in the 60s/70s when I was the only kid I knew whose parents were divorced), it is difficult at the very best.

Almost HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
The Lions lost, by a hair, and Green Bay is way ahead. Too bad for the Lions, but great for GB!
Still more to do outside, and soon it will be frozen out there, so tomorrow may be the day. November was a 'lost month' was under the weather for weeks, and finally I'm doing better. I guess December was kinda lost too...
Days are getting longer, and I'm so ready for spring. Silly!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom