Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Frozen water yesterday, and this afternoon, all four horses out of their winter field, into their summer pasture! We got home and saw them out there, FORTUNATELY not in the road! Apparently the neighbor who helped with the water situation yesterday didn't lock the pasture gate we were using, and out they went, sometime today. Yahoo!
He was home, we got the south pasture gates unfrozen and closed, and the horses back where they belonged. Not a disaster, but more 'adventure' than we needed out there in the cold.
Mary

I'm sorry. But I'm still loving the winter cold and snow. I'll get tired of it eventually but right now it is awesome out there!! So quiet between the snow dampening sounds and so few cars out. The sounds there were this morning were lovely - squeaky snow! Yay! And beautiful!! Lovely sculptures in every direction! The burn barrel had a funny lopsided cap, the snow on the mailbox had slid halfway off - making garlands.

Exercise is much easier to do when it is for a purpose. It is still snowing here off and on. Mostly on. There will be more to shovel tomorrow.

And neighborliness!!! When I went out for session (uh, six, maybe) yesterday, the neighbor had snowblown the last of the 30+ inch deep snow across the end of the driveway. I like shoveling but I was very happy to see that.

So quiet between the snow dampening sounds and so few cars out. The sounds there were this morning were lovely - squeaky snow! Yay! And beautiful!! Lovely sculptures in every direction!
I'm with you but I just despise the negative temps! I'm really looking forward to the next few days in the 20's. But the sunrise was pretty this morning, so I totally get it!

Attachments

• 20240116_090927.jpg
    20240116_090927.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom