1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Michigan

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Grammi, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Awww. Poor Turken. Any chicks handy that you could slip under her next week? If it came down to it I've got some 1 week old Australorps...

2. sevenchickens

sevenchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Michigan
    I had another duckling die...I think I'm going to be physically ill, I'm so disappointed. I understand that they are difficult to hatch but it is just heartbreaking. Mama Duck just knows best I guess. 2 perfectly formed ducklings with unabsorbed yolk sacks.

I don't think my early duck is a pure Muscovy, would a mule hatch at 30 days? She/he is huge already, almost like it's part Pekin. My girls love her though and she loves me! My youngest was holding her and she saw me and she stood up and started peeping and waving around her pathetic little wings... I'm totally hooked.

3. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Here is Kodi accepting rent money from our son.....
    [​IMG]

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Good morning all. It looks like we are in store for a pretty decent day soI think it's time for the new chicks to go back out to the coop and into brooders. They have been surprisingly quiet so having them inside hasn't been to bad but chickens belong in chicken coops.

5. LoveMyChicklets

LoveMyChicklets Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    Lapeer, MI
    Quote:That is one beauuuutiful dog! Wow!

6. iluvcks

iluvcks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2010
    Bay City, Michigan
    Good Morning Everyone

Opa I hope you feel better soon

Seven chicks and Mom2em All I am so soory about your losses. That is so sad. So far I have never lost anything (knock on wood). I can't even imagine waiting all the time for your eggs to hatch only to lose them. I'm sad just to part with my silkie roosters.

We got the 5 week old chicks out in the garage last night. I was so worried about them. But I went out to ck on them at 7am and they were great. Not even near the light. So happy to have them out of the house. My ducks are 6 weeks old today. Both are girls. I'm so happy.

7. LoveMyChicklets

LoveMyChicklets Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    Lapeer, MI
    Oh I know! We might not be able to make it now [​IMG]

If we do make it I seriously couldn't bring much more, if anything, home without having DH build me another .... pen and hen house. Then he would seriously throttle me.

You feeling better today Opa?

8. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Good morning! [​IMG] What a gorgeous day already! Me and Logan (my 4 year old) are going fishing today. [​IMG] This is his first time going fishing, and we're both super excited. [​IMG] We both have brand new fishing poles, and we dug up the night crawlers yesterday...we're gonna have a blast. [​IMG] I'm officially taking a break from the chicks and chickens today. [​IMG]

Anyone with space in their coops...I've got lots of chicks for sale. EEs, Russian Orloff pullets, Silkies, and Favorelle/Frizzle Cochins. Just check out my website.

Have a great day everyone!

9. sevenchickens

sevenchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Thank you for all the support and well wishes. I find it very interesting that Mom2emAll and I both were unsuccessful. We have different types of incubators, we both had good development from the eggs but in the end it all went wrong. This was my first experience with shipped eggs and I don't know that I'll try it again, certainly not Muscovies. You live, you learn. Nature truly knows best, with all our technological advancements we can't duplicate a mother.

10. Ooopsy_daisy

Ooopsy_daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    Dryden, Michigan
    Quote:She says, "they have about 10 chickens, and I dont know why" Duhhhhhh you think maybe for "EGGS" LOL some people are so out of it...

Made me laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by