Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
smack.gif

Hey now! Endurance riding is my sport. My horse is 19 and I want to keep competing as long as she can. Maybe after she retires.

Quote:
Our hens did not want to go out this morning.
Of course, neither did I
lol.png

Morning all. Bitter cold here, cookie tin heater couldn't keep up last night had to heat water on the stove to open up thier waterer. Filled the feeders threw down some BOSS and oyster grit and the girls just sat inside the pop door and watched me. Usually I am surrounded as soon as I walk into the run, Not today. Overnight low of 2* and a -12* wind chill. Started snowing again this morning as well. This close to the lake it seems to never stop.
Maybe it's just me but it seems that summer flys by and winter camps out forever. Go through this every year but I never seem to get used to it.
Stay warm. Need a Brrrrrrr smiley

So I did a big "oopsey" last night
sad.png
I have less then one week left for my eggs to hatch and I decided to candle one last time on a couple of them because I had questioned whether they had stopped developing. SO...I set one down (that was definately growing and has a chick in it) down on the table...and it rolled off!
he.gif
Couldn't believe I let that happen!
hit.gif
So...cracked the egg pretty good. Upon further inspection there was no damage done to the membrane inside and, through a hole were shell broke away, I can see the chick in there moving and breathing. I called up Vicki and talked to her about it because I want to give her a fighting chance and we came up with the idea of wrapping the egg in cling-wrap. Here's some pictures....wish I could get a video of inside the egg to give you all an inside look at the chick! I checked her this morning and she's still in there bouncing and breathing! So far so good!
fl.gif
I'm going to take the cling-wrap off the night before the hatching day. I wanted to share this idea with all of you because if this works it's something that people should know about as an option if a developing egg cracks.
jumpy.gif

Sheldon (named after the egg on Garfield with the feet sticking out LOL)
7110_january2011_042.jpg

7110_january2011_045.jpg

My bator all set up
big_smile.png
(you'll have to excuse all the crap behind it, table it a "catch all" right now lol)
7110_january2011_048.jpg

Quote:
Hey Rose - You ARE THE BEST! Thanks for being the front end of this extravaganazaaaaa!! All well at Huston's Happy Hens household - trust all is well w/you too - Hey Kristen - how's the egg eater doin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom