Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Vultures pose absolutely no threat to your chickens. They are carrion eaters and as such are only interested in dead birds. Their interest in me is sort of like us looking at a restaurant menu before going there to eat.

Quote:
Where are you located, Dustin? The shipping cost will be split between the number of people ordering...so the more people that order, the cheaper it will be.
big_smile.png
Since I will be ordering them, they will be delivered to me...then we'll have to work out a way to get yours to you.
caf.gif

Anyone try using a spin cast feeder, they are a 55 gal barrell with a timer operated spin Cast feeder usualy used to bait deer for hunting. sence baiting has been banned you can pick up a used one for really cheap.

Any thoughts?

I had considered using mine for feeding my large fowl flock but decided against it for the following reasons.

1- feed gets wet from ground contact if not eaten immediately
2- difficult to ensure that each bird gets adequate feed
3- feed attracts other birds that I don't want to feed

I opted instead to use a Kuhl range feeder. It holds 50 lbs of feed. The feed is never on the ground as the birds must reach inside to get it. I has a dome shaped cover that shields the feed from rain. Each bird can eat as much as they want.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

It took my a minute to find this thread. I'm a happy chicken mom of 21 hens and three roos here in Michigan! Just south of Lansing to be exact. I was wondering if anyone knows when and where the next Chickenstock event will be. I attended one last year where everyone brought birds and other animals for trade or to buy up here in Lansing and I want to be prepared this year.
ya.gif

Anyone have any info on this? I would greatly appreciate it. I know I have meet some of you and I hope to meet more.

Thanks in advance!

C-N-A, I'm glad you found us. Chickenstock this year is shaping up to be much larger than last years. If you click on the link in my signature line you can get all of the details such as a location map, attendance signup, buy/sell/swap, food sign up. We are planning on more activities for kids this year and more folks are bringing birds so it's going to be great.

Quote:
Vultures pose absolutely no threat to your chickens. They are carrion eaters and as such are only interested in dead birds. Their interest in me is sort of like us looking at a restaurant menu before going there to eat.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
Opa you did it again...

welcome-byc.gif
&
frow.gif
to Dustin & Chick-N-Antics!

Quote:

Well, If the buzzards come back to my place and ask where Opa is. I'll make sure I point them in the opposite direction.
tongue.png

Bluemoon

Good Morning!
welcome-byc.gif
to the newbies! Was afraid I was gonna wake up to snow, but, no snow!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
Weather is suppose to be getting warmer, so cross your fingers. I want spring back!! Sam, don't sit still too long...don't want those vultures to carry you away. Have a great day all!
frow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom