Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Good afternoon flatlander!
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

I went to Hillbilly Hen's place this morning to pick up some hatching eggs for the NYH. She have a great setup for her birds! It was very nice to be at her place.
thumbsup.gif

No snow yet.
wee.gif
Any that we had did not last very long.
wee.gif
I am glad for that, for I am not done working on the roof of the coop. I will welcome snow when I am good and ready.
big_smile.png

Farmerboy!!! I know you are rebuilding your flock- and I wanted you to know that I have a cockerel from your bloodline (chickenstock this June) I cant have a rooster. Good fertile boy- all my silkies are sitting on fertile eggs...if you want him, you can have him!!! He is a gorgeous turken..unfortunately, I lost the pullet to a predator- raccoon, I suspect.

Hi Mom 2em All!
Sorry that he turned out to be a roo, not a pullet, and sorry that you lost a pullet to raccoon. I lost 3 hens to a coon, and I trapped it and shot it with glee. I would love to have an offspring from the parents that I had lost, but can't risk it. I do not have any ladies for him anyways.
sad.png
I hope that you will find a good home for him. Thanks for letting me know tho.
smile.png

Quote:
Kind of a similar search for me. I'm looking for white JGs that have already hatched. I don't have an incubator and I really can't go down that path!
lol.png

Im sure you can find someone who'd do it for you, I would if I was closer so I could get them to ya. try some of those Lansing area people.

That picture was the BLA's I hatched out this year, including your 2,Raz. My they were the cutest little things! I got my first little blue egg since you took the 2 girls, so maybe I will have fertile eggs this spring. Not sure that the little man has got his mojo working yet, have not seen him show any interest in the hens yet. Maybe he is just shy.

I too am resisting the urge to join the NYD hatch. Not having fertile eggs has been a huge help
lol.png
. In addition, the thought of chickens (and the resulting dust) in my garage all winter is a huge deterent.

I remember that rooster too, opa, he was a handsome cockerel. Sounds like he really landed in the clover, lucky guy.

Opa -- Do you happen to have any pictures of your bantam blue orps handy? We're phasing the chicken portion of the farm out in 2012 and will just be keeping a small flock for our own eggs/enjoyment and these sound interesting.

Just wanted to say Hi here on the Michigan thread. I'm a beginner with the chooks but so far I just love them. Send me a PM if there is ever anything I can do to help.
big_smile.png

Welcome sgtmule!

I woke up at 4am this morning darn it. DH left yesterday for Illinois on a hunt trip and I never sleep good while he is gone.

I took our pooch to a groomer yesterday.....don't do that normally since she is not a foo-foo kind of dog. I have to say she looked pretty darn cute with her neck scarf as she pranced out of there!

Have a great day Michigan.....looks like cold temps are here to stay....minus snow here.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. I spend a bit of time in the UP. hunt and fish in Baraga and my brother lives in Gladstone. Great country up there.Only problem is you can't find any Lions fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom