Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
To celebrate

Tell people you don't get along with

"Hey you get off of my clound"

For your boss or other people in your life (LOL)

"I'll never be your beast of burden"

When somebody makes you mad or to stupid people

"Time is on my side"

On the way home - roll the windows down and crank it up

"Jumping jack flash"

And of course later tonight

"lets spend the night together"

Happy B day Mick!

Steve

I'm sure there are, but I'm not one of them.
hide.gif

Quote:
Haven't you ever gotten any pleasure or relaxation from watching a movie or listening to a song? What about getting lost in a good book? Wow I guess you only have your keyboard.
smile.png
Let us know when your B day is..... it's worth a post. I'm sure you have done much more for people and brought some pleasure than a singer/composer right?

Steve

Last edited:
A belated happy birthday, Mick. Good to see the baby boomer generation of social change still has its survivors and rebels.

Just spotted the thread, Steve.

The English music scene was really buzzing when The Stones first made it to the top. They were the band that ended the suit and tie stage presentation and brought in casual gear. Their music style was very open too and I think that they took time around LA and the canyons to see what was going on there in the early to mid-'60's. They are masters at the three and four chord rock and electric blues genres. A few very simple riffs and chord progressions from them can still get the adrenalin flowing. Even more so if you pick up a guitar and have a go yourself. This is one of the bands that kept blues alive by blending it with rock. That in itself is a gift to mankind.

I spent some time in Richmond, Surrey just as The Stones moved from there into the big time. The had started at a pub across the road from the railway station and then moved to the Crawdaddy Club, then at the Richmond Rugby Football Club. When they moved on from there they were replaced by the Yardbirds. That band had a young guitarist sitting at the front by the name of Eric Clapton. I saw them there jamming with Sonny Boy Williamson.

I guess that it's easy to knock Mick Jagger. He's one of the 100% of human beings that isn't perfect. His music, intelligence and humour have brought pleasure to many people and I hope he continues for many more years. For anyone who still thinks that he's done nothing for anyone, below is a link that mentions some of his charity work and donations. Perhaps a suitable apology from anyone who has criticised him without checking the facts would be a large cash donation to one of the charities that he has supported.

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/336-mick-jagger

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I'm not a fan of the Stones, even though thats my last name, but I think they did 2 of the best songs of ALL TIMES!
bow.gif

ANGIE & WILD HORSES. Life would not be worth liveing without those 2 songs.
hit.gif
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK!!!!
woot.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom