Micro duck. Need help please!

featherfinder

Runner Lover
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Pinallas Park, Florida
Ok so I have a muscovy that is 6 weeks old. The only problem is she still looks like she is 2 weeks old. She is just now starting to get tail feathers in and only has 4 or 5. He brother is tripling her in size right now and is almost fully feathered. I did some research and It said they can have health issues and internal organ problems. Should i take her to a vet? She seems fine and i have not had any problems at all with her. Not sure why she is not growing. Can anyone help me?

I would just make sure she has access to lots of food and water. She might benefit from some vitamins. But as long as she is acting fine, I wouldn't take her to the vet.

Quote:
She has gotten all that from day one except for a week when she was sick and i took her off of it. Just want to make sure she is ok. I dont want her to have problems internally and me not know about it till it is to late.

Has anyone delt with micro ducks before?

Someone on here raised a boy scovy who was a micro duck. He had some issues, but was still around and doing OK last I heard.

hey feather finder!!!
hows your micro doing....
i need some help im thinking i have one also its having problems but acting fine..
he cheeps with no sound coming out. and some reason has really sticky poo that will not leave his butt
just wanted to know how you dealt with it and how he is doing now
sad.png
please help me

Quote:
Hey evelle me and feather finder are really good friends, and we talk about her runt allll the time. Her runt is doing GREAT nice and heathy and at her right size now. I hope you know that I didnt mean for you to have a runt with growing problems : I feel so bad
hit.gif

Quote:
Hey evelle me and feather finder are really good friends, and we talk about her runt allll the time. Her runt is doing GREAT nice and heathy and at her right size now. I hope you know that I didnt mean for you to have a runt with growing problems : I feel so bad
hit.gif

duckgirl!!! dont you feel like its your falt!! you didnt know... im not mad at you at all dont feel bad im glad that we could come up with common ground to help you..
im not upset at all i just want "our" baby to make it and live a very happy life here..
really dont feel bad.. i see it as a learning opertunity more than anything.. seriously as long as its not a death sentince
smile.png
im do my darndest to keep him around
smile.png

Quote:
hit.gif

duckgirl!!! dont you feel like its your falt!! you didnt know... im not mad at you at all dont feel bad im glad that we could come up with common ground to help you..
im not upset at all i just want "our" baby to make it and live a very happy life here..
really dont feel bad.. i see it as a learning opertunity more than anything.. seriously as long as its not a death sentince
smile.png
im do my darndest to keep him around
smile.png

I do feel bad and wish I knew there was something wrong with her
barnie.gif

lau.gif
"our" baby. So what I can come see him with out getting in trouble
tongue.png
when can he come visit me? Just kidding!

If you ever need hwlp/advice with the runt feel free to PM feqther finder, she would be more then happy to help you. She was doing her very best to help me with my runt. But mine was just to weak. Did you ever get the poop of his butt?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom