Micro Farm Coop Worklog [UPDATE: SHINGLES ON - PAGE 27]

Nice work !!!

.. Makes my DIY recycled box look like something a kid made lol ...There are some nice ideas that i might be steeling though if you dont mind
wink.png

Again ..Nice work
cool.png

Thanks...
wink.png

Now if I could just get it done... I figure I'll have it shingled by spring.. Priority now is to build the windows. :p

Feel free to use what ever ideas come to mind from it.. I have no copyright on my hair brained method of building..
wink.png

This is going to be a splendid coop. Love the eaves and the balance and slope of roof. Something really pleasing about it. i THINK YOURE GONNA HAVE A WINNER HERE!
wee.gif

Well glad to know that your not slacking on your BYCPA duties!
thumbsup.gif

I did get the roof up on mine. Its started raining here which means it won't stop until next summer. I was going to loose the roof wood.
I did not know this but they have roofing material in a huge roll. It cost me $32 for one roll. I was able to do the whole coop roof with much left over at a fraction of the price. $20 a bundle for shingles x6 bundles and way more nails needed the for the other stuff.

I did nail the crap out of the rolled stuff, just because we get such high winds. I also used all weather roofing tar on the seams and nails. Overkill maybe but I'd rather not have to go back up there to fix a leak.

I still don't have the main doors on yet and I was on the verge of loosing the floor too. So until I can get them done I used a long strip of the roofing material and nailed it over the doors.
Aaaaaa, some day it will get completed but I don't want to loose my membership from BYCPA!

I'm pretty sure both of our standings in the BYCPA group are secure for some time..
wink.png

I'm going to be working on the windows next, which should be fun.. Building them out of 2x4 stock ripped down the center for the casings. Going to be an ooooddddddddddd window layout..

Wish me luck..
wink.png

BTW, hadn't seen any updated pics of yours? Or did I miss something?

Cheep a'lil Talk a'lil :

Uhhh, ya, I'm slacking in that department too.
roll.png

You're plotting a hostile takeover of my presidency, aren't you.....​

Back
Top Bottom