Micro Farm Coop Worklog [UPDATE: SHINGLES ON - PAGE 27]

Quote:
And that is why you are still President of BYCPA!
How 'ya doing DarkWolf? Are you ready for summer after your long winters rest?
I had to build a tractor coop for the meaties and will need to build a mini coop for the banties my daughter got. But first we have to use the mini coop to intorduce the other new youngsters to the older ladies.
Have you gotten your windows built? Don't forget the pictures on how you make them.
How did your chickens fair over the winter? I have some repairs to make to our coop and winterize it better for next year.

Ha.. Aint that the truth... I was so worried about loosing my presidency that I only did TWO windows for the winter and just stapled the other shut with cardboard. Maybe this winter I'll have the windows done. Or re-done. Not 100% pleased with how they turned out.

Been well ready for summer.. Or at least a break in the rain. At least it's finally stopped for the most part, which is good.. SO late getting the garden plot out. Eesh.

Far as how many 2x4s... Rough guess is 60 [not counting the run] 2x[4|6|8]s all in all and most likely around 9 or 10 sheets of this or that?

I've really enjoyed watching this project and I've learned a LOT thank you DarkWolf!

I do have a question. Is your pop door flush with the floor or is there a "threshold" or lip for the chickens to step up and over?

Thanks again for sharing all the excellent descriptions of your hard work.

Back
Top Bottom